Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Owen Argyle--Tagged!



So back when Ezra tagged Lucy, he also tagged Odie. I'm so excited to brag about my baby!

First and foremost, Owen has been a near-perfect baby. I think he made a deal with God that he would be a good good boy if he was sent to our family. We weren't really sure if we wanted another one, but he has definitely convinced us that we did!


Owen's name is "Odie"...he rarely hears anything else around home. We didn't mean to call him that, but one of the kids started it when he was teensy, and it stuck like no other. Will went through a time of calling him "N" (for O.N.) and even calls him "Guido" sometimes, I think because in Will's head that is a kind of backwards version of Odie? It makes me laugh when he's Guido (am I spelling that right?) Brandon and I also call him "Bodie" on occasion. or Odie Bodie.


Owen is the best sleeper EVER! I never knew it was possible for babies to sleep like he does. He sucked his thumb when he was tiny, so that made for a good sleeper, of course. At around 8 months he gave that up, but continued sleeping like a...well, not like a baby, like a ROCK! Now at bed and nap time, we just go lay him down (not possible with ANY of the others) and give him his 2 na-nights (blankeys) and his monkey. He gets SO excited to see these loveys, that I always swear he is too overly excited to sleep, but the minute I close his door, he is out like a light. I love when I tiptoe into his room a couple of hours later and he hasn't moved a muscle since I layed him there.

He adores his brother and sisters. He shares a room with Willie, and every morning when he wakes up, instead of Mom or Dad, he yells out "Weew! Weew!" (which, I think I've translated before, means Will) and flashes his bedroom light until Will wakes up and comes to get him. Will is also a heavy sleeper, though, so I sometimes have to intercept. He can also open his bedroom door from his crib. Bad placement, I know, but he only opens it after his nap or when he's ready to get up in the a.m.


You know how with babies they go through phases of funny little things they do and say? Right now Odie says Thank you about EVERYTHING! and to everyone. It is so way cute!! We were walking into McDonald's and some stranger was holding the door for us..."tanku" says Odie, and it's even cuter when he puts a name after it "tanku, ucy" and "tanku, Weew" He was stuck in his highchair, and was yelling "Stuck! Stuck!" and after Brandon got him unstuck, he says "tanku, daddy!" Oh, it almost makes me cry just to think about it, it's so dang cute!


Owen is our little ball player. He shoots hoops all day long, if there is a soccer ball around, he will kick it, and he says "Hey, batter, batter, batter" when he sees a bat. He is awesome at making baskets. We call him Korver because of his ability to make 3 pointers (on a baby scale, of course) The girls have taught him how to say every player on the Jazz, and Coach Sloan, too. He loves going to the Jazz games, he sits on Brandon's lap and claps his little hands, and cheers "GO Jazz!" and actually watches as much as the other little ones. He LOVES wearing his Korver jersey, and when Brandon is watching a game on tv he yells GO Jazz!" and "c'mon, BOOZ!" Even if it's not the Jazz playing.


He is a very happy, smiley boy, always just going along for the ride. In and out of the van, the house, the school, and many a ballgame. He thinks everybody loves him because his siblings and me and Brandon watch and laugh at his every move all day long. He constantly has an audience, so when we're in public he sometimes shouts out "Hi!" to strangers. He is my baby boy, and is so very loved! This is getting extremely gushy....sorry, but it will be so fun to come back and read this, even 6 months from now, babies grow and change so fast. I wish so bad I could freeze time and hold onto little Odie at this adorable age for just a little longer...

Owen tags Zac and Faith...have fun, moms!

10 comments:

Jenny Kapp said...

So cute! I think if I could guarantee to get a sweet one like that I might jump on the mighty ship pregnancy. But...there are no guarantees!!! I am glad you got a sweet sweet one!

amy said...

You are making me cry! I treasure my babies more each time I have one. They outgrow it so fast - into fun new things -but that baby time is so super short. Don't you just love good sleeping babies though.

Shaury said...

Cute little Odie. I'll have to disagree that a lame comment is better than no comment. A lame comment just seems insincere, & makes me feel like my blog is lame too. Thanks though.

Jeni said...

Oh my gosh...that picture with the things up his nose is so cute! It is making me laugh! He is adorable...but then ALL your kids are!
This is a precious post & you're right...this will be fun to look back on.
Shaury is making me laugh too!...but now I'm worried if all MY comments are lame!
Shaury I blog stalked you and I think your blog is really cute!... And I sincerely mean that! :)

Ellie McFreaken said...

Owen is such a cutie. I know I say that a lot about your kids Becky but they are! I've always thought if I can't have kids I want Becky to be my surrogant Mother, then I would get my cute blondies.
I am excited to post about Zac even though I ALWAYS talk about him...at least it seems like it to me.
So, I am with Jeni...I have blog stalked Shaury too and I don't even know her. I just know I have always LOVED her hair. Whenever I see her (which has only been maybe three times)she's always got the cutest "Do" going on!
Sometimes I make a comment and delete it because I think it's lame or makes NO sense. Half the time I am trying to make a comment (like now) I've got Zac at my heels and Molly in my ear. Anyway...Shaury...love the hair! Becky......Love your blog
Jeni......love your comments
Everyone else.... Keep on Keepin' on!

Becky A said...

angie b. I love you!

Shaury said...

Jeni & Angie you guys are too nice. I think we all have used the word lame WAY too much! No Jeni your comments are never lame. And Angie I think you have me confused with someone else because my hair is usually lame. Also, I am a little creeped out with all the blog stalking that's going on.

Tiffany said...

Hey Beck,
Odie is so cute! Could I come and munch on him for a while all this baby talk is making me sad. I want an Odie! Any way Shaury I just looked at your blog it's so cute!
Now we just need to get Wendy!!!
Love you guys

Becky A said...

fat chance on getting wendy going. I think she thinks we're nuts.

Anonymous said...

Owen Argyle that smile (even with your tusks) is contagious. It makes me want one of your special Odie loves. xox – grandma arnell