Friday, May 16, 2008

1 overtired mom + 2 overtired babies = lots and lots of tears!

Today has been a doozy. At 5:55 a.m. I was awakened by Wordy Will. For some reason he is always 10 decibels louder and 10 times more wordy in the wee hours.
Will: (Very loudly) Mom dad put the heater on instead of the fan when he put us to bed last night and its really hot in our room so i turned it off and i am going to take this pajama shirt off... I'm burning hot.(all run together into practically one word)
Mom: hmmm.
Will: (still standing there, staring)
Mom: its early, bud, go back to bed...not time to get up yet (very slurred and sleepy)
Will heads back to bed.
I was totally out of it and just really wanted to sleep for another hour! then at 6:30 I hear "Drink! Drink!" and see the light show Odie likes to put on when he wakes up. I stumble out of bed and open the door to their room. It is seriously blazing hot in there, like 95 degrees, I'm not even kidding! Odie is wearing a fleece blanket sleeper and his hair is wet with sweat. He's smiling and asking for a drink, so I fill up a gatorade bottle with water from the bathroom and he chugs it! Then Willie rouses around and chugs a bottle of water, too, and we're up for the day, much to my chagrin... I strip odie down and open the window, and down we go to watch Sesame Street, a rare treat in the morning! Of course Lucy can't sleep for 5 minutes without me by her side, so she was up and at 'em, too.
We use a little space heater fan in the boys room at night because they got used to sleeping with the noise of the humidifier in the winter, and we didn't want to risk messing up their good sleep patterns! But we just use the fan...I thought.
So Odie was all happy and cute to be watching sesame street. He hasn't ever watched it before, I don't think. The cute new Abby Cadabby character was on and he loved her and was saying "Abby Dabby Dabby!" and I was thinking "oh, I guess this isn't too bad being up so early!"
Fast forward 1 hour...I'm trying to get ready for the supermarket, Lucy wants to change Odie's diaper all by herself, he of course wants no part of it, somehow they are both crying, and I'm trying to convince them both upstairs to get dressed...in a calm voice for about 30 seconds, escalating to a yell and then a scream MUCH too quickly....I have NO patience when tired, even less than usual.
We somehow got dressed and ready while crying and crying and crying...then Lucy stopped for a split second and I begged, pleaded and bribed her to be a good good girl at the store for mommy. We made it through the store, and managed to get all of our groceries, plus 2 pints of pink milk, 2 boxes of some weird fruit snacks and some reeses pieces besides. Not to mention the plastic cup of teddy grahams Odie brought from home.
I put Odie down at 11, and here he is still snoozing at 2. Lucy fell asleep in my arms while waiting for our cookies to bake. Of course I have to make the ginormous recipe that makes like 100 + cookies so I'm tied to the oven all day long....yummy, though.
I'm headed to work at 2:30 so I can get off early...HUGE day tomorrow, with the big race, and all! I just felt strongly about posting today so I could get my gushy post from yesterday out of first view for the weekend! (Love that little guy!)

Hopefully everyone will catch up on sleep and be ready to run tomorrow...Brandon of course has his mind occupied at present by all things RACE...we'll see how he feels post run.

Good Luck to all Runners!!!! Hopefully we'll see some familiar faces...we'll be the ones in the red big foot farms shirts! Go Team!

8 comments:

Tiffany said...

Oh becky I feel for you. Anything I can do? I hate those days you know I would love to watch the kids any time!!!!!! hint hint hint hint

GINGER said...

I can totally relate. I love reading your blog because you always keep it so real. I love that you have great fun ideas and do things that are for real people (things I can actually do). I am going to do better with my blog.

P.S. Good Luck to Brandon tomorrow. We saw him running Tuesday night on our way home from Braxton's baseball game (yes we were heading home at 10:30, even though the game wasn't over yet)

Diana said...

Here's hoping you all get a good nights sleep after the long day and even longer tomorrow. Good luck Brandon can't wait for the update on the race.

amy said...

Sometimes tired mommies are worse than tired little ones.

Good luck to Brandon tomorrow!

Stacy said...

I am soooooo sorry for your crazy day. I feel for you and I only have two. But I know the feeling because of these wonderful grumpy daycare kids and losing my cool is not an option. (and Banging my head against the wall only gives me a headache) Lol
I hope the race went well.

Jenny Kapp said...

That post made me happy! Sometimes it's just good to see that I am not the only one in the boat! I hope you had a fun marathon day! How exciting!

meegz said...

The crazy yucky days...gotta love em.:) At least when we remember back -- we usually only remember the good ones.:)
So, who ran yesterday? The full, half, relay?

Jeni said...

Well, you know I relate to that! BB! I'm so glad to hear you've had some of those days too!
I can't wait to hear the details about the big race. Great Job Brandon! I'm so jealous & proud of you.