Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend Part I

I'm skipping the tuesday tell all this week. It was about graduation. Instead, I have a full weekend to blog about! Saturday, we rode Thomas the Tank Engine...

We figured Willie had about one more year of enjoying Thomas, and Owen is almost old enough to love it. The big girls are always good sports about joining the family for a good time.


They also had a petting zoo up there. Will wanted to pose with every single pony there. Odie took a while to warm up, and Lucy never did get into it.



Then we went to our favorite restaurant in Park City (thanks, Shaur) Baja Cantina, for Abby's birthday, which is next Sunday. She LOVES having birthday songs at restaurants. :)

And of course, being in Park City, I had to shop at the Gap. I just ran in with the older girls while Brandon took the babies and filled up the van with gas, then hit the potties, etc. I only intended on going to Gap, but they split the Gap and Gap Kids, so I wound up going to 2 Gaps, and then Phoebe has been dreaming for several months now of Converse XX Hi-tops (the kind that come up to the knee) and we happened to see some in the window of Journey's, so we went there. BUT they didn't have her size. Only Adult sizes. I have looked online for them in kid sizes, but I really don't think they make them...much to Phoebe's disappointment. I don't know, maybe I should just buy some for Abby and she can hand them down. That way they will be nice and worn in by then?Ahh, the life of a Tween Fashionista. I don't even know what she plans on wearing them with!

Well, since this post is so very long, I think I'll do a separate one later this week about Monday. I also cut Odie's hair, but only have the before picture, because he was too heart broken to let me take a picture after. So was I...

11 comments:

Jeni said...

Becky..you guys always do the funnest things! I love to look at your life!

amy said...

What a fun weekend!

Shaury said...

Phoebe is may soul mate. What wouldn't she wear those fabulous shoes with?

GINGER said...

I have always wanted to do the Thomas the Tank Engine thing, but neither of my boys were into trains.

I love the shoes!! I love it when kids develop and show their own style.

FUN FUN FUN!!!

Jenny Kapp said...

Those shoes are funny! I would love to see you wearing them though! HA HA!!

Ellie McFreaken said...

Those Shoes are awesome! Do you remember having the shorter high tops but then wearing two different colors? You would swop with your friends?
I can see Phoebe wearing those...she is a stylin' gal!

The train ride looked like so much fun. Cute pics of the family.

Becky...It has been a while since I was on that blog and I just got done reading more and I am just speechless. I cried again this time too.
I forgot how beautiful her photography is. She knows how to capture a moment. But more importantly she is just a wonderful writer. It is a reminder to really enjoy the time we have with our kids..life is precious.

Diana said...

I love your girls confidence - you must be doing something right:) Abby is a brave soul, I hate being sang to at resturants, but it's worth it- if I get a free dessert or something.

meegz said...

You have a darling family Becky!! Thomas the Train rides -- those days are gone for us but you can bet Gavin & Garrett LOVED them in the day.:) THomas never ages does he?
Ang, the hightops, I had peach!!:) I think I had blue and red ones too. I swapped and swapped and wore two different colored socks with them too. I think I have a pic -- I may need to post just for Phoebe.:)

Tiffany said...

Oh that is so Shae. She would love a pair. What a fun weekend!

Stacy said...

We just had to find Riley some "hard to find" shoes and we ended up going to shoes.com to find hers. Good luck.

Angela said...

The first comment I ever left was on your blog as I had just starting blogging and I didn't realize it would put my name and profile pic. so I signed it "Ang-your sister in law" so you wouldn't get me confused with other Angie's. Nerd. Now I'm here a little wiser.
I love those converse. I had a pink pair in 9th grade and I called them my bubblegum shoes because of the color. I also had written on them "Karl Malone" and "Frank Layden" nerd again. Karl would have been fine since I loved him and the Jazz but Frank? I guess I respected him as a coach and maybe felt sorry for him.
I think my boys would enjoy Thomas the train ride too, even though they never liked the actual show or toys.