Thursday, May 8, 2008

Fabulous Phoebe's Hair Flowers!


Today is the 3rd grade "Buy and Sell" at Phoebe's school. We didn't have any creative ideas about what she should "sell." I wasn't very involved, because of the busy time of year, and during the week I have a hard time "connecting" with my big girls (one of the downfalls of swing shift at the IRS) so we hadn't talked too much about it. Phoebes just kept mentioning "our buy & sell is next week" and "I'm so excited about buy & sell!" But life went on. Then Abby stayed home sick from school on monday, and I was trying to entertain her without constant television. I remembered my friend Ginger's blog, and the Fancy Flowers she showed a while back. I ran to Joann's (on my way to cousin day with my 2 babies, spent without any cousins, for some reason this week) and picked up a few supplies. The flowers were even 50% off! As soon as I got home, Abby and I started making them and soon had a clip and a headband of every color for my girls. and then, AHA! Phoebe could make these for her buy & sell! So on Tuesday when Brandon was home I ran to Joann's and Sally beauty supply and picked up just a few more things and Phoebe was soon making TONS of flower clips. She is so excited, and I can't wait to see how they go. They were super easy Ginger's way, with no hot glue or anything, easy and fast and super cute. Thanks so much for the idea, Ginger. I took this picture of Phoebe's sign really quick before school this morning, but I guess you can't read it. The name for her booth is "Fabulous Phoebe's Hair Flowers"...I was so proud of her creativity! Fun stuff...I just hope she brings some home, because we ended up sending all the ones we made for ourselves, too!
Here is a link to Ginger's blog if you want to check it out. She is always teaching me new things!

9 comments:

Jenny Kapp said...

Very cute! The brads are a good/easier way to do it rather than a hot glue gun! Cute idea! BTW - your comments always make me laugh!

Diana said...

Love them... are they for sell to the public? Phoebe could make a little extra $$ for the summer:)

Jeni said...

So Cute! Good luck at the buy-n-sale!

Anonymous said...

You are such an awesome mom...
XO from a "not so awesome gram".

GINGER said...

How funny. I was at the Buy-N-Sell and some kids walking around with the hair flowers. I commented to Cara how cute they were and what a great idea. I am so excited to know that is was Phoebe who made them, and so glad I could help out. I am sure she sold out in no time, so you will be making another trip to the craft store to make more for you. Great Job Phoebe!!

P.S. I suggested flowers to Justice to sell and he wanted no part of that. Girls are fun!!

amy said...

Fun, fun, fun! Em and I just went last night to get flowers for the very same reason. I was racing to get back for dance costumes and completely forgot the brads so we'll either be hotgluing tonight or we'll just wait until get back to the craft store. Thanks Ginger for the brads idea.

Ellie McFreaken said...

Great Job Phoebe! I want to know your way of doing them. We made them for Easter for the girls hair but we used the glue gun, cut up flowers and the girls lost interest after awhile of me trying to figure it out. Next time I am calling Phoebe! I love the multi color ones!

Angie said...

By the time Emma got over to Phoebe's booth, they were sold out.
This is our chant, "PLEASE MAKE MORE, PLEASE MAKE MORE, PLEASE MAKE MORE!" They are sooooo cute.

Shaury said...

Sorry about dogging ya on cousin day. I should have called. Now that David is done with school he's home then so we probably won't be coming until there's a change of schedule. SORRY! Can Phoebe make those flowers in petite? Super cute!