Thursday, May 1, 2008

In My Hometown...

so I have a fellow blogger who does a tuesday tell-all every week. I loved hers from last week, so I'm joining the fun. this weeks was something about moms, and I feel I share my mommy moments plenty, so I 'm doing last weeks today!

Tell us about your favorites close to home.

Favorite place to...



  • grab lunch: Bajio's, hands down. I love everything about Bajio's. Shrimp tacos when it's just me and B, nachos to share with Lucy when we have the kids. It's also Owen's favorite restaurant. He LOVES beans! of any kind. He is my pickiest eater by far, but when it comes to beans, Will says he should be from Mexico.

  • go for a date night: date nights are few and far between for us, because I work friday nights. Jazz games, We love the Union Grill, and have also been known to count Brandon and Brigitte S's hot tub as a date night!
  • pick up some creative goodies: I am not creative. I guess I would have to say Joann's because it is so close, but I really don't like the store, I can never find what I'm looking for. I know they have it, I just don't know where...


  • keep the kids busy: tons of places! the treehouse museum, the library, (we like to go to all of the branches during the summer) the monday night outdoor movies, and of course the garden. My kids are obsessed with Pop's garden right now.



  • get wet: good old Classic Waterslides! you can't beat the price of a season pass, and it makes it nice to be able to drop in any time during the summer, even just for an hour or so.



  • get some fresh air: various hiking trails...I have a book of the best hikes with kids in utah that we are (slowly) working through. I also consult my Pathways in Weber County pamphlet frequently.





  • splurge: I'm not really sure about this one. It's not that I don't splurge, maybe it's that I splurge too much, so it doesn't really count as a splurge...that is a weird word when you use it 3 times in one sentence...SPLURGE...I feel like I'm splurging when I fill up my gas tank these days! Oh, I know my answer, Park City! I love to shop and eat there, and then of course the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory for caramel apples.



  • drive for a weekend getaway: these don't happen much in our family, either. All of our trips are just "weekend getaways" so I guess I'll say Goblin Valley and Mesquite. it's great to live within driving distance of so many awesome places. you gotta love Utah!!!!!!!

ok- that took forever trying to figure out my picture junk. I'm still such an amateur, but at least I got them mixed in with the text this time...I'm learning little by little!

Now, tell us about your hometown!!!

17 comments:

Ellie McFreaken said...

I am running out of what to write on Readtheb so I am going to copy you, Megan, and Jaime....
I love love love Rocky mountain choc. Factory. I love their apples and their choc, caramel covered pretzels!
Park City is our get away....we are headed there fri! I love that you can go to so many different areas and they are all in utah!
I am glad you wrote classic waterslides. I am going to get a season pass there. Every place else is too pricy!

Jenny Kapp said...

Great places! Some of them I already love and some I would really like to try! As for the mean people suck, that is a direct quote from me! And it is the absolute truth! I'll tell you the "fun" experience some time on how once again that was shown to me!! Oh well, you learn and move on!!

Jeni said...

Shrimp Tacos Forever! And, I also LOVE the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory! I either get the caramel apples or the SEAFOAM. YUM!

amy said...

I am glad that we aren't the only ones that count strange things as date night. Where are the Monday movies in the park? Is it free? I am being so super cheap this summer, it's just too expensive to go anywhere and then pay a ton of money once you get there.

GINGER said...

I am drooling. I love Rocky Mtn Chocolate Factory.

Also, I am so glad someone else doesn't have consistent date night. We even count getting the kids up in the playroom watching a movie and having our own nice take-out dinner.

Ditto on Amy's questions - where are the movies? I have done the %0.50 ones, but that is just at the theater.

Becky A said...

ok, outdoor movies are at the ogden city amphitheatre at the municipal gardens. Monday nights. super fun! bring pizzas, treats, blankets, pillows, jammies, etc...they also have concessions and bathrooms, and sometimes a little entertainment before the movie starts, since they can't start the movie until dark. they don't have this years schedule up yet, but I'm going to put a link to the page on my blog for all that might be interested. Sometimes the movies are pg-13, so don't just show up without checking, (unless you're ok w/that) but they are "family" movies. They also did a date-night one on fridays that we never made it to last year. way fun stuff, the kids absolutely love it! this is a very long comment, maybe I should have just posted again!

Becky A said...

ps. I added the link to "my favorite sites" on my sidebar...

Shaury said...

I wish my kids were addicted to Pop's garden right now, but since we live 8 minutes away instead of 8 seconds they know nothing about it(just had to vent a little on that one, sorry).

Tiffany said...

Oh I love out door movies, and date nights! Chris and I just meet at the gateway for happy sumo and a movie. (baby mama) funny show. Anyway Chris and I are free on most Saturdays. We would love to take the kids.

Jeni said...

We've got to try the movies! How fun! & I want a top ten local trail list that you guys enjoy!
I also keep forgetting to tell you I love your "book of the week" feature! I can't read that fast..but I'm trying to keep a list so I can get around to reading them. I HAVE read angels & demons. It is in MY top ten! Blog Bond. (maybe we should just type "BB" because we sure seem to have a lot of them!);)

Tiffany said...

Are Will and Lucy ok? The rooster attached them today on the way to Grandma’s.
Will took Lucy's hand and started to run. Lucy was yelling at Will because she lost her shoe running. Will was just trying to keep her safe. (lol)
He is such a good Big brother!

Becky A said...

bring the boys over, shaury! you and hazel can hang out at my house, or mom's, if you get bored of me!!!
love ya!

Angie said...

You're so on top of things I think I'll have to wait until next Tuesday to do that but it's very fun. Reading that really made me wish I lived up there. You guys are such a fun fam. Also I noticed Brandons countdown for his half marathon. I'm inspired by my big bro and sis. Michelle did one last year. Maybe I need to age a few years and I might get the motivation to do one. I'm still a youngin compared to those two. :) Good luck bro!!!

Diana said...

Love the marathon countdown... Good Luck Brandon!!!

Ellie McFreaken said...

Wow, I can't beleive there are so many angie's out there, glad I threw on the b!
Hey I just read on Gingers blog that David is singing at the Jazz game????? Is that seriously happening? I am a huge fan of him. I am kind of like Paula... I want to squeeze and swoosh him and give him a hug! He's so YOUNG and such a cutie!
This is the first season I have followed AI.
DIANE...did you watch Jason Castro last night? I was a bit bummed by his performance but I still think he's so talented! Simon was so mean to him, I wanted to tell Simon to give the kid a break!
Okay, now that I have basically posted on your blog.....I'm off!

Anonymous said...

Angie B...of course I watched Jason & others, never miss Am. Idol! But I am so done with Jason...he's cute, but done. Love David A. We were at Jazz game when he sang. We didn't even watch the game for the first quarter because David & family were there until 2nd quarter. He is soooo talented!
Diane B

meegz said...

I havent' been here in a while -- do you mind if I add you as a link on mine-- that way I won't "forget' to check in. Loved this post...THANKS for the info on the outdoor movies...we are definintly doing that.
We also hike every week in the summer. I would LOVE to know where you find your hikes...I'll check Weber pathways website. THANKS