Monday, May 12, 2008

Lucy Belle..TAGGED!

I feel like I talk about Lucy every other post, but Shaury and Ezra tagged her, so bear with me. I'll try to keep it fresh!

When Lucy was just a babe, we called her Lucy Goose, which evolved into Goosey mae, which evolved into Goo Bug, and then Willie started calling her Buggy. That one stuck. She still answers to a load of other nicknames, but, to Will especially, she is Buggy.

I know I've mentioned before how stubborn Lucy is. She has been this way since birth. I remember as a tiny newborn how "feisty" she was, clenching her tiny fists and kicking her little legs. She was also a pretty difficult baby. She knew what she wanted and would cry and cry until she got it. She was absolutely beautiful, though, with tons of crazy jet black hair. I was thinking she would be my one who didn't go blonde...wrong!

Lucy is a very verbal child. As I sit here typing this she is chattering away to herself. She spoke very early, and was using huge words and paragraphs at a very young age. She tells it like it is, and almost every day we have a funny little Lucy quote to share. It makes me sad when kids grow out of saying funny, cute little things! I remember a few months before she turned two, my mom was reading a book aloud to Abby and Phoebe and when they came to the epilogue the girls said "Lucy, can you say epilogue?" and she repeated it as plain as day! She also has been using these vocabulary skills to boss the entire world around for a couple of years now. Not only is she always telling everyone what to do, but how to do it, too. Luckily she has a pretty patient older brother and some easy going cousins that go along with her demands.

Buggy is a horrible sleeper, and always has been! She sleeps with one eye open, I swear. I still rock her for naps, after 3 stories and 3 songs, and Brandon rocks her at bedtime. She will go to sleep if she's laying with one of the girls, too, but we only let her do that on the weekends. Then once we lay her in her bed we have to sneak out. Millions of times she has popped her eyes open the minute I reach her doorway, and then I'm stuck for another 10 minutes! It can be extremely frustrating!

Lucy walked at 10 months, and has always been very coordinated. She has a cute little pigeon toed stance, that probably won't be quite as cute when she is older. She always wanted to dress herself at around 18 months. She would get so frustrated, because of course she couldn't do it quite right, but she wanted to so bad! She is very independent, except when it comes to going to Nursery or Primary. But my theory on that matter is that she is just trying to control me. It works. She knows exactly which buttons to push for me. Brandon is a little more firm with her, she knows she gets her way with me easily.



I love my little Lucy Belle so much! She is definitely a handful, but I see her growing out of her terrible 2's and 3's a little more every day. She is for sure a ray of sunshine in our home!

Lucy and I tag Brookie, Emily P. and Belle! Tell us all about them!

7 comments:

Shaury said...

Oh Lucille. She's not lacking in the personality department is she. Some of her traits might be frustrating now, but as an adult she'll have it all together (even in a tank top & stripes all over).

Anonymous said...

Goosey Mae, she was my little buddy when I lost my best friend. She helped comfort me. I had to call many times to have Lucy come be close to me. I love her.
XO Gram

Diana said...

Way cute - I'd forgetten she had jet black hair as a baby until you mentioned it. I love her spunk!

Ellie McFreaken said...

Lucy is such a cute little spunk. I don't see her a lot but when I do she is one of the cutest girls. All three of your girls have such an "Arnell" look that is so unique and so beautiful. Lucy is going to be a heartbreaker! Funky outfits and all:)

amy said...

Let her be little! I love litle girls that dress themselves and have their own personality. Em will be so excited when I tell her that Lucy tagged her.

Stacy said...

Becky, I could just squeeze that little Lucy. She is so cute and I am glad that she was tagged.

Anonymous said...

I like the name Lucy Belle & I love Lucy! What's wrong with a rhyming name? - the mom of Michelle Arnell :)