Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Tuesday Tell All--Touch

ok, ok, the tta is open to my interpretation, right? I went from touch to feel to feelings...but here's what I came up with...

Today I felt silly, It must be the heat. I bought Lucy "spray candy" and left Odie with bare feet. I ate licorice for breakfast and popsicles at night. And after the garden, the kids were a sight!

Today I felt happy, a bit teary, and pleased, with my oldest, beaming Abby, at the temple with me. Her Gram joined us, too, and Brandon made three, and Pop was there running the baptistry.

Today I felt stressed, things got hectic a bit. I want to save gas, but can't seem to do it! I picked up my house. It still isn't clean. I forgot to get ice at the store for ice cream!

Today I felt joyful, my mood was first-rate. Abby went to a swim party, she just couldn't wait! Sun-kissed cheeks were popping, the sun was so bright. Odie played all day long, with all of his might.

Today I felt excited there's so much to do. I was going to make ice cream and popcorn treats, too. I'm ready to braid Phoebe's hair, that's so great, and to camp out on the 4th, I simply can't wait!

Today I felt tired, and ran out of pep. My ankle keeps hurting, I can't run a step. Abby's hair is still pink, did Brandon shave his beard? Abby lost a huge tooth. This family is weird.

Today I felt discouraged and frustrated--see? I got a mosquito bite right on my knee. I really want straight hair, but mine's curly-q. Should I bun it or braid it, oh what should I do?

Today I felt great, like the absolute best, when Lucy and Willie put my "mom skills" to the test. We went on a bike ride, every one of us seven, as we raced up the street it was like a little bit of heaven.

I'd rather feel silly, excited or glad, than cranky or grumpy, discouraged or sad. But moods are just something that happen each day. Whatever I'm feeling inside is okay!

(that was such a cheap rip-off of Jamie Lee Curtis's awesome children's book...I can't take the credit! But it was fun for me, none the less. And I DID personalize it to fit my day!)
Bring on the next tuesday tell all. I'm sick of these sense ones!

16 comments:

GINGER said...

Becky, that was so creative and so much fun. We have that book and I love it. Thanks for brightening up the end of my day. I will finish picking up the house with a smile after reading your post.

**NOTE - did you notice it is almost 11:00 and my kids just barely got in bed, and I am on final clean up. Gotta love the summer hours.

meegz said...

I loved it -- no cheap rip off -- it was ALL you!!:)LOL.
I agree on the Senses TTA -- they copped out of the summer. Let's get those ladies back on the bandwagon.:)
Seriously -- I did love the post!!

and can I just say one more thing to all your commentors? -- do you feel as DUMB as I do when you fail the word verification as I just did??:)

Jenny Lee said...

Becky - I didn't know you were such a poet. I love your whole website. You are so creative and do such cute things with your kids. I miss all of you in South Weber so much. Thank goodness we can BLOG to stay in touch!

Ellie McFreaken said...

Becky...I loved this post! I love the song that went with it!
That book sounds like a great one. I love books that rhyme....!!!!

Ellie McFreaken said...

P.s. Notice how short my comment was...I am working on it!

Jenny Kapp said...

So cute, just like you! Fun for summer fun! Love that you took the little ones for a hike. I should be so ambitious!!

Jeni said...

Wow! You are amazing! I have to say, you've made my day (oh my, I really didn't mean to rhyme right there). I just got back from walmart (why do I do that to myself..WHY?!?!?!) & I was angrier than ever & after reading your post, I just feel great inside. So thank you becky a! & angie...I like your long comments. & meegz...sometimes I have to do the word verification 3 or 4 times. :(

Becky A said...

angie, i love your long comments. and as far as the songs go, I have over 50 songs on my playlist that are on random play. if you get a song that fits a post, it is sheer coincidence! I would like to know what it was, though! jeni why DID you go to wal-mart?????

Jeni said...

Target doesn't carry peach or melon Propel, which I love dearly.

Shaury said...

This is one of my favorite posts Beck. I'm real impressed with your rhyming abilities, but not surprised. I love your long comments too Angie.

Diana said...

Very clever - it is Christmas Card worthy. Now one less stress to worry about around the holidays -just print your poem off and sign the card:)

Tiffany said...

Oh Becky, that is so cute! Now all you need is pictures. Send it in and make a book..... How fun!

p.s. On that lady's blog that lost her little girl has an ad for making books out of your blog for $12.95 or something like that you should do it. This post is great.

meegz said...

I just have to ask Jeni too -- WHY did you go to Walmart!:) I realize you may have a deep desire for peach or melon propel -- but there's gotta be another way!:)
(I always leave walmart mad too)
---and ang -- c'mon -- long comments are the best!:)

Diane B said...

Becky, I didn't know you were a poet! How fun! Jeni...you will NEVER see me at Walmart unless someone drags me there! Last time I was there I think is when Lana dragged me there 2 yrs ago & we spent about 3 yrs there...of course now that is a much treasured memory.

Anonymous said...

Love your poem. It was very original. I have the book and like it, but I LOVE your version. P.S. I HATE walmart. Especially their pharmacy. Ask me why some time (I'm insecure about leaving a long blog comment, for some reason).

Diane B said...

Mandy...you need to change to Target pharmacy, they are awesome! I too hated Walmart's pharmacy, made the switch yrs ago, have been happy ever since... no comparison! Just tell Target, they will take care of all the switching details for you.