Monday, June 30, 2008

Another Post...

As I may have mentioned before, in a poor me moment, last week Brandon was at scout camp, and then for the 2nd half of the week my mom took my 2 big girls on the quilt shop hop. Needless to say, I was going crazy without them all...bored and lonesome... By Wednesday afternoon, me and the 3 "babies" had to get out of the house, so I took them on a little hike up Coldwater Canyon in Ogden Canyon. We had alot of fun, and we only saw 1 snake...(yikes!) I got some major blisters on my feet because my hike shoes are horrid, but Lucy and Will were both awesome hikers! We didn't make it to an actual destination on the trail, just hiked for half an hour in and then turned around and hiked back out. It is a great trail, the trailhead is just after the smokey the bear sign up the canyon, close to milepost 10. Brandon and the girls are back home now, and we are back to life as we know it...chaos!!!! Not so lonesome anymore!...

Here's a couple pictures from the hike. Will was my photographer, so as you can tell I was giving him instructions as he snapped the shot! Funny. And in the last one he tried a couple of times, but just couldn't seem to get me in the shot! Darn!

9 comments:

GINGER said...

How Fun!! I need to follow your example and take the kids hiking. They would absolutely love it. I need to get directions to the trail you went on.

amy said...

But he did get a really cute shot of Odie! I'm glad that you had fun with the 'babies'

Diane B said...

Cute little hikers!
XO MoM

meegz said...

thanks for the info -- i"ll head up there next monday.
Is there any shade?

Ellie McFreaken said...

Man..now I wish I hadn't wussed out! Looks like it was a fun trail!
Cute pictures of you guys!
Jake and I drove by sat night looking for a place to eat ( in town) and we could smell your bbq and saw your Dad in the "spinach" field... Smelled SOOOO good...we almost pulled over! WHat were ya'll cookin'?

Diana said...

You get Mom of the week- I'm impressed adventuring out alone with three little ones. Way to go super mom :)

Jeni said...

Every time I hike in Ogden I see snakes! I have never seen one up adam's canyon...have you?
I am just a giggling at that last photo...it's priceless.

Becky A said...

meegz, it's very shady. take bug spray, though. Angie b. I believe on saturday we were grilling bbq kabobs. (chicken, pineapple, peppers) you should have stopped! Jeni, don't tell me that, I'm terrified of snakes! they hadn't crossed my mind until we saw one, then I was a little freaked, then some people passed us and asked if we had seen any rattlesnakes yet? then I was a lot freaked especially since i was the only adult in my party...YIKES!

Shaury said...

I have to be honest & say you should have called me to come too because I don't think it's safe with you being the only adult. What if you passed out of exhausten, or got attacked by one of those awful snakes? Plus I would have liked to have went with my 3 babies too. Looks like fun!