Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Brighton Cabin

I'm doing another "journal entry" for my in-laws...I promise they read my blog faithfully, they just never comment! We spent the weekend with some of them up at a cabin at Brighton ski resort. It was so much fun! So nice and cool up there...we got there too late Friday night to do much, but after we got the kiddies (and Brandon) to bed we sat up playing Phase 10 and Curses (thanks Angie b)
Saturday morning consisted of Brandon's pancakes (maybe that's why he had to go to bed so early) and relaxing (I relaxed, anyways) and some Double Dutch action.
Brandon thought he was Corbin Bleu.

(Collin in back, Torin, Phoebe and Odie, Lucy, Nikki, Brianne and Will) (Oh, and a bit of Uncle Tyler over on the left)
Saturday afternoon we HIKED!! We went on an awesome trail up there. It was pretty tough, but the end result was worth it. Little Lucy had not gotten enough sleep the night before, so she spent most of the hike either whining or in Owen's backpack on Brandon's back! Not fun! Owen of course wanted to be out hiking on his own, anyways. He just took forever...so I had to fight to carry him alot of the way. Silver Lake is an awesome 1 mile trail, easily accessible for all ages, wheelchairs and strollers included, and then from there we took the Twin Lake trail up the mountain side another mile or so, but very steep. We even came across some snow. Willie was thrilled to throw snowballs in July!!
And guess what else...NO SNAKES! I highly recommend this hike...Will claims it's the hardest one we've been on.. I think it probably was, that he can remember, anyways. It was beautiful, though!
I feel like this post is not making much sense because my 5 little ones are all trying to get my attention as I type, but I wanted to get it out there before the trip was too far in the past! So enjoy the pictures, and thank you so much Arnell's and Nydegger's for the fun weekend. Family times like that are the best, I think! My kids had a blast, too. (We all missed Abby, she was in Texas with my parents) Ok, I've got to go make lunch...
(I just remembered I had decided earlier to just do a slide show of the trip, so you Arnell's that took pictures could add them on...oh well, no time right now...)

12 comments:

Shaury said...

You're quiet the hiker these days. I think you're also somewhat crazy for it. Poor Phoebe I know she feels the same way I would, she'd probably rather be shoe shopping. Looks like fun times!

Becky A said...

Phoebe was a great hiker, she stuck with aunt Marci. But she did wear her flip flops? and let me tell you, it was not a flip flop wearing trail.

Beckey said...

That looks like a great place to hike! Those trees made me miss my home in Canada! :(

Tiffany said...

What fun! I wish I was apart of your family..... Madie thinks this has been the most boringness (if that is a word) summer ever! Shae and Cole get to do everything and she just has to sit and do nothing… Am I a bad mom or what? Great pictures I will have to find out how to get there..

GINGER said...

Once again, you are about the funnest person I know. I need to come take lessons from you. And I need directions to all your hiking trails.

P.S. From you bday post, I just had to mention. We love going to the Oaks too. Terrible service and all

Shell Bell said...

I was just with mom and Angie last night and I told them I was hoping that you would post about the camping trip. (Is it camping when there is a cabin?) Thank you for letting me in on a bit of the fun you had without me. It looks and sounds like I really missed out. My boys told me their favorite part of the trip was the snowball fight. I hope we can plan another trip next year. I'll make sure it isn't the same weekend as the Jazz festival. - Michelle (one of the faithful non-commenting Arnell crew)

Becky A said...

Michelle, I called it camping, but it wasn't. Your kids were great and Lucy LOVES Brianne! Thanks for commenting, btw.

Ellie McFreaken said...

DID YOU SAY DOUBLE DUTCH GIRL?????
I knew I always liked you!
It has been too long since I could get my groove on but we have tried it several times here and I am NO Corbin Bleu! That movie is seriously our favorite movie. I sercretly have a crush on Corbin!
Your weekend sounded so fun and the pictures are great. Your kids are hikin' fools, I love it.

Ellie McFreaken said...

Brandon...
you are a man of many talents!

Becky A said...

I didn't double dutch, angie b. I was too lazy. Corbin is cute, but my girls won't let me like him because we saw him at a Jazz playoff game against the Lakers and he was wearing a Lakers jersey. He is now chopped liver in their eyes!

Jeni said...

Oh I want to go there! It is beautiful!...AND NO SNAKES!

Anonymous said...

your husband sure was quite the double dutch man on that trip. ;) i got a crack out of it.
oh and thanks for stayin up and playin games with us even though bran was a party poop.

marc