Wednesday, July 9, 2008

MoreThoughts on Bran's Birthday




I guess you could call this a "flashback wednesday"...I always think of the "early years" when birthdays roll around. 15 years ago (yikes!) on Brandon's 18th birthday was the first time I ever heard of him...I had gone to a party with my bff Jodie. The awesome but now non-existent band "Swing Annie" was playing. They broke into the song "Birthday" by the Beatles.
I yelled over the music to Jodie: "Who's birthday is it?"
Jodie: "Derno's"
Me: "Who's Derno?"
Jodie: "You know Derno! Blond, dreads?"

Me: shrug...

Alas, I met another dread-head there that night, and went out with him a few times before I met "Derno"... who's name, by the way, I didn't learn until later. Brandon. I'm sure there are still people out there from those days that don't know his real name.
This is a better post for Brandon's birthday, because he LOVES it when I reminisce about our dating days. He thinks it's romantic....awwww!!



so this is the only dread picture we have at the moment...it doesn't quite capture the effect.


a few years later...cleaned up a little bit!





cleaned up a little more! ah, the good old days!!!!

7 comments:

GINGER said...

AHH the memories. You guys are so much fun. Hope Brandon had a terrific birthday.

Ellie McFreaken said...

You Guys are the CUTEST!
Happy Birthdya to Brandon....one of the nicest guys we know!
Loved the pictures of the dreads! It's fun to see pictures from when people were dating.

Jeni said...

Oh dear. I think I have a crush on Brandon. :)
You two are the cutest couple ever! I LOVED looking at these photos of you two! Like your momma always says...you two are soul mates.
Maybe it's because your birthdays are only 2 days apart?
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BECKY! YOU ROCK!

Tiffany said...

Sorry I'm late Happy Birthday Brandon! Cute pictures you clean up real nice..... hee hee I hope you had a good one. love ya both

Shaury said...

I have to say, it looks like Brandon's naked in the picture with his dreads. Yikes! Happy Birthday Brandon!

Becky A said...

hm. he's not. naked, that is. Jeni, you are an awesome ex-vt. good memory!

Ellie McFreaken said...

Shaury...I thought the same thing except maybe he had a speedo on.
Not that there would be anything wrong with that......just sayin' !!!!