Sunday, July 6, 2008

4th of July Campout

This was the 2nd annual campout-on-the-sod-farm-behind-my-parents-house-on-July-3rd for us. Fun was had by all, (well, as fun as a tent in a sod farm could be) except for one minor detail...

OLIVIA!!!!
The rooster with a hen's name woke us up with his cock-a-doodle-dooing at 5:25 a.m, and DID. NOT. STOP...

But Dad's yummy 4th of July breakfast made up for it! He even wore one of the most patriotic shirts I have ever seen for the occasion. Thanks for another fun holiday, family...and here's to many more!

10 comments:

Diane B said...

We did have fun! And don't we all love Olivia!
XO MoM

Jenny Lee said...

That looks so fun. You are so lucky to have your family so close by.

GINGER said...

You guys do such fun simple things. There is nothing quite like camping out in grandma & grandpa's backyard. Looks like fun, even the rooster.

Beckey said...

My kids would love that rooster! Hey, do you care if I add you to my blog list?

Jenny Kapp said...

You totally need to let the foxes eat the rooster!!

Anonymous said...

What's the latest on the fox? I would be a little nervous about sleeping out with that thing prowling around. Did any certain underwear-clad person finally take care of it? Thank goodness Olivia is there to sound a warning.

Shaury said...

I read this post (how's that for a lame comment). No really, it was a good time.

Diana said...

Good ole Olivia...my thoughts are with Jenny's.

Jeni said...

Foxes?...I'm worried about the cougar! What a fun 4th of July! I wish I would have known & I would have come & crashed your tent at 4 in the morning & asked you "where's the bathroom?"!

Joanna said...

My kids LOVE to camp. One of our favorite things. They would love doing that in the back yard and having a grandpa close by to cook breakfast!