Friday, July 11, 2008

Back to Reality

Thank you everyone for the birthday greetings! Ya'll made my day! (Brandon's post was a little embarrassing, though...)
We are usually out of town on our birthdays, but Brandon couldn't get this week off of work this year. Hopefully next year we will return to that tradition, and you bloggies won't have to put up with the silliness of the past 3 posts!
We decided our birthdays were definitely better spent out of town. This morning I'm thinkin' it even more...I am paying the price for not having done any housework yesterday. My house is a mess! So today I'm posting my to-do list for the day...
  • babies laundry (usually done on Thursday)
  • clean my house (may take all day)
  • take Odie to swimming lessons
  • change sheets (has been on my list all week)
  • empty recycle bins
  • sample new pancake batter I want to take camping tonight
  • get groceries
  • clean out van
  • clean out refrigerator
  • pack for camping tonight!
  • help Abby pack for Houston tomorrow
  • make yummy treat for camping tonight
  • read with Will (his reading has been neglected for about 2 weeks)
  • shell peas
  • freeze peas
  • shower :)
  • get hair for Phoebe's braids tomorrow
  • crack the whip on my kids so they actually do their work today (somehow neglected all week)
So now the question is, why am I sitting here in the blogosphere instead of working away? I have a tendency, when my to do list is overwhelming, to procrastinate, thinking I'll NEVER accomplish it all...where do I start? So here I sit. Plus, Brandon just texted and said he is headed to Richfield for the day, so we won't be headed on our camp out at any reasonable time tonight, anyway. But to see it all out in front of me, I'm thinking I see a few things on there that I can eliminate...maybe, just maybe, it's not quite impossible...

10 comments:

Jeni said...

Welcome back to reality. You are so good to make a list! I should do that...the only lists I make are things I want to buy. I'm curious to know if you get all things done on your list! Let me know! You are wonder woman!

GINGER said...

I can't believe I missed your birthday. Happy Belated Birthday!! You do have one sweet husband. I loved his post.

I love lists. I am a queen of lists. If I don't have one I get nothing done. I don't love reality though. I much prefer la la land where I don't have to accomplish anything.

Becky A said...

so far, Jeni, I removed Odie's swim lessons from my list. So that's a no go on the entire list being accomplished! Thanks for the cd, I am enjoying it immensely right now! It may be to blame if I do accomplish everything...

Joanna said...

I love lists as well. Sometimes if I do things that aren't on my list I will add it to the list just so I can cross it off and it looks like I accomplished more.

Becky A said...

joanna, I do the same thing! it feels SO good to cross things off for some reason! can we all see the reason I don't accomplish anything? this is my 3rd time on here today! Of course I have good reason each time...

Tiffany said...

You make me laugh. I love making lists I just don't like doing whats on them. I wish I could make a fun to do list then maybe I could get it done. Hey becky thanks for taking my kids.
love ya

Beckey said...

Haha! I love lists too and loved what Jo said! I will add things I have already done and then cross them off to make myself look more productive too! Hope you got them all done!

Rachel said...

Ok I do it too. I love to cross things off. I love to make lists so much. When I am feeling stressed out, I make a list. It doesn't even matter what it's about. By the way, Hi becky, I have officially entered the blogging world!

Shaury said...

Have fun camping, see you Sunday! Bang, Bam, OOOOOH AAAAAAH!

Stacy said...

I am jealous about the camping trip but not about your to do list!lol! I feel the same way but I have learned to pick my least favorite thing first and find some good music, turn it up and tackle it head on as quickly as possible. That way the "not so bad" chores are not so overwhelming!
Have fun!