Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Vegas!

So, this is my boy Lenny. I think we were both better looking in the 90's, but hey, at least we're growing old together. I don't know why he was carrying his guitar around with him, or why he doesn't look as happy to meet me as I was to meet him. All I can say is he is a babe, and I was thrilled to pose with him. Especially cheek to cheek. Watch out, Lisa Bonet. or whoever he's married to now. I don't even know if he is married. He's kind of short, too, but that's ok with me. I'm not really into tall men. You can't see, but I had my hand all caught up in his fro, too. I love his hair, but the long dreads from the 90's were my favorite. A happy moment for me. And thanks to Brandon, for so willingly snapping the picture. This was the second shot, it had to be perfect and the first one wasn't close enough. Pretty good job for Brandon, maybe his photography skills are getting better. And I don't think he was even jealous, even though he knows I used to swear I'd never marry a blond-haired, blue-eyed boy. He had dreads when I met him, remember? It worked. :)

9 comments:

Tiffany said...

OH!!!! I remember those dreads.
I remember thinking what in the @&@%# is a Beautiful girl like you see in a crazy kid like that.....
The saying is true you can't judge a book by it's cover! Your both beautiful inside and out....

Jenny Kapp said...

So I am totally with you this week. We just got home from a vacation as well and I have been extremely grumpy for a couple of days now! Maybe I need your cleansing diet also! As for the dreads, we definitely need some pictures!!

Ellie McFreaken said...

Okay it is official Brandon HAS to dig out the old pictures. I say if he can't find any then he needs to grow his dreads again :) I, like you, thought Lenny Kravitz was THE babe, dreads and all! Maybe that's why I love Jason Castro so much on American Idol.
What else did you do on your vacation besides get fresh with Lenny? (j/k!)

Anonymous said...

OK...let's not go so far as to grow the dreads again please! AND Angie, you like Jason Castro too! Me too...something about those eyes & his smile. That said, I think he might be next to go...OR probably Brooke then him.
Diane B

Shaury said...

Does Brandon not have dreads anymore? I guess it's true what they say about a first impression lasting forever (someone does say that, right). As for you & Lenny in Vegas, WOW what a trip. David & I always say we wish we were members of your family so we could do all the fun things you guys do as a family.
PS Jason Castro? Come on mom! Yuck

Anonymous said...

I remember the dreads. I thought they were cool. But I also knew Brandon from age 3 and he ALWAYS was himself, really, dreads and all. You two made a great match from the start. Forget Lenny! Ugh!

Aleesha said...

When I was in Vegas I got in trouble for getting so close to Elvis. How'd you and Lenny get so close? I am glad you were able to fulfill the fantasy of running your fingers through his hair though. And I'm with you Shaury....Jason Castro...come on people!

Jeni said...

oh becky...I too love Lenny Kravitz. I too loved Lenny with the dreads! ANOTHER blog bond.
ps: Brandon is a running fool...I've been seeing him out running EVERYWHERE! Is he training for the marathon?

Becky A said...

Half marathon. but he didn't register in time. I love blog bonding!