Wednesday, April 2, 2008

random thoughts

Just a few random things going on in my brain today...
1. The GOOD thing about this weather (rain/snow) is that my little Odie's room stays nice and dark all morning and he sleeps in. He's a really happy boy, but when he gets an extra hour or so in the a.m. he is sooooo happy he is my own personal ray of sunshine.
2. To go along with that, an 18 month old doesn't know that it is supposed to be warm and sunny this time of year. He still loves to stand by the window and watch the "nows" fall.
3. None of my 3 little ones can hear my voice today. Minding is just not happening. I find the volume (and tone) of my voice raising rapidly, but they still don't hear it...weird?
4. Some days, I can't even compromise a way to make Lucy's choice of outfit work out to make us both semi-satisfied. Every day we have a battle. Most days, I can figure out a way to make it ok. Some days, like today, it is just completely outrageous, and she is not even wearing one piece of clothing that I can deal with!!! (even though she's wearing several layers) I'll post a picture later, hopefully.
5. Which brings me to #5...I am very frustrated with my camera today. UGH!
6. I should have left the positive thoughts for last. please reread #s 1 and 2. :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You make me laugh! I have that same problem with Madison. Some time I wonder if she's mine. I wish I could tell you it gets better with time. You have the cutest blog page I've seen.
Love ya tons
Tiff
Oh you can thank Carrie hee hee

Jenny Kapp said...

I always wonder about Elise's hearing. With Tessa being deaf, I sometimes wonder if Elise is deaf too! She's not, I had her checked! She still seems to not hear my voice though!!!

Jeni said...

I feel your pain! Why don't they just do/wear what they're told?!?! :)

Becky A said...

I told brandon why can't I just control their little brains?...I know, I'm a control freak-a-zoid!

GINGER said...

I always say, it is a good thing I like to talk to myself (which I do regularly) because often times I seem to be the only one listening.

Diana said...

I had to chuckle at Jenny's comments. It's great that we can all laugh at our imperfect world. Mckenna almost had me convinced that she couldn't hear. She blamed it on her "little" ears not working. So after a few months of this excuse, I gave her the benefit of the doubt and took her in. The audiologist diagnosised her with selective listening. Sure glad I paid that $15 co-pay :)

Anonymous said...

Lucy can come live with me any day...you know that! I love that little stink bomb!
XO MoM