Monday, September 22, 2008

...and happy birthday, Phoebe Jane!


Phoebe Jane was born September 20, 1998. Her name was chosen before we even knew she was a girl! It means "bright, shining one." In Greek mythology, Phoebe was the goddess of the moon. The name fits like a glove. and no, she was not named after the character on Friends...(although sometimes I see some similarities :)
Phoebe is my child that we have a hard time reigning in. She loves to always be going, going, going, and doing, doing, doing. She is definitely the busiest child in the family.
Phun Phacts about Phoebe:
Smart. She loves to read. She has been in the spelling bee every year since 1st grade, has had the highest AR goal in her class, and one of the highest reading levels in her grade.
Music. She sang her first solo in sacrament meeting when she was barely 4 years old. She has a natural ability to sing. She has had roles in 2 plays. She also plays the piano.
Sports. You should see the girl play soccer! She is getting better every year, and loves to play goalie like her dad, but is also quite the little hustler as a defender or a forward. She also started on a competition softball team this fall with one of her lifelong bff's Emma. She is having a Blast, improving her game and being coached by the best.
Dance. Tap, Jazz and Ballet. She loves them all, and as a toddler/preschooler couldn't wait to get big enough to start ballet.
Friends. Phoebe is a great friend. She is very lucky to have so many great girls that live in our area. She has several that she has known since birth, but she just keeps making new ones, too.
Tween. She has been the definition of the word since the age of 7. All things fashion, social, music and movies that are on the tween scene. Something I should worry about? Probably...

I could obviously go on and on. Girlfriend is SO busy! But she likes it that way. She's a good girl, and we LOVE the special spirit that she brings to our home. Happy Birthday, Phoebe Jane!

18 comments:

Diane B said...

Happy Birthday Phoebe Jane, always stay the sweet girl you are! Love your Dollar Store hat!
XO PoP & Gram

Diana said...

September is a busy month for you, or should I say Dec/Jan were good months for you guys:) Happy B-Day Phoebe! Did you get a chance to listen to "A Lullaby for Lucy"?

Beckey said...

Happy Birthday Phoebe! You have the best day for a birthday!!! It is the same day as mine and my husbands!!! Hope you had a great day!

Jenny Lee said...

Happy Birthday Phoebe - & Lucy! I miss all you cute Activity Day girls - so does Madi. There's only a few her age in our ward. The girls in the Pioneer Ward are sure something special. We miss all of you so much. Becky!!! I'm so excited for you to be remodeling your kitchen!!! I can't wait to see the 'after' pictures. I bet it's going to be amazing.

GINGER said...

Phoebe is such a cutie. I love to see her smile. It can light up a room. Cute tribute to her, Becky.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PHOEBE!!

Tiffany said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kim said...

That was such a cute post Becky! Way phun! :)

Happy Birthday Phoebe Jane!

Tiffany said...

Happy Birthday Phoebe! I hope all your B-day wishes come true.
Great post becky

Shaury said...

I love Phoebe to pieces! I love Miss Lucille too. Funny, people have told me I remind them of Phoebe on Friends too.

Care said...

Hallelujah for Janey!!!! I know a few people who just wouldn't be complete without you in our lives. We love you! Thank you for making our lives better. You are one of our favorite people!! Happy Birthday - Emi and Carrie

Hey Lucy! I LOVED your cute hair Sunday and you did AWESOME with your talk! You are so old!

Jeni said...

Happy Birthday Phoebe Jane!!! I admire everything about you! You are amazing!

Joanna said...

Happy Birthday Phoebe! I loved this post getting to know a little bit about her. She sounds great and the perfect age for my oldest. :) Do you believe in arranged marriages??

Anonymous said...

I especially loved the Phun Phacts about Phoebe. Love you Phebes & I hope your B-Day was Phantastic! Love, Gramnell

PS Any suggestions for what you might like for your present?

Angie said...

Happy Birthday Phoebes! You are definitely a talented one who's been dressing up, making plays and dances at brown brick since you were just a tot. We always love having you over.

Looks like I need to see some goalie action. Loved your "blast" sentence and they are surely being coached by the best Daddy's ever!

Joanna, I don't think we've met but Phoebe's life has already been arranged by my sis-in-law & Becky. She will make a fine niece for our family. I can see Lana dancing in heaven if that came true :)

Jeni said...

I thought I had an "arrangement" ? :)

Diane B said...

Oh, yes Jeni...didn't Cade & Phoebe look dashing next to each other in the primary program!

Jeni said...

Oh yes, very dashing.

Stacy said...

Happy Belated birthday Phoebe. Hope it was a great day!