Tuesday, September 9, 2008

090908


Today is the birthday of my mother-in-law, Debbie,(a.k.a "Gramnell" at our house) For those of you that know what a super nice guy Brandon is, he got it straight from his mom. She is seriously one of the nicest people I know! She is a wonderful mom and is close to all 7 of her kids, who range in age from 34 (is that right, Michelle?) to 18 and are all very different! And as far as being a grandma goes, she is amazing. She makes all 5 of my kids feel special, and does super fun stuff with them whenever they are together. She is very selfless and giving. She is a wonderful cook and always puts together fabulous parties. She is also a great seamstress. She has made my kids awesome halloween costumes, and she made Phoebe's Little Miss Muffet dress when she was in Babes in Toyland. Mostly she is just fun to be around and is loved by all of us!

Debbie, I know you are having a rough week and may not even read this in the near future, but please know how much we all love you and appreciate every single thing you do for us. We hope your birthday is a good one, and we'll be thinking of you and praying for you all week.

13 comments:

GINGER said...

Becky, you are such a sweetie. I don't know your mother-in-law, but Happy birthday to her.

Kim said...

What a great picture Becky! I can totally see some of your kids in Brandon's Dad!

Tell Brandon thanks again!

Becky A said...

yes, kim, Dennis, Brandon and Will all standing there, the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree. And my others all have an Arnell look, too.

and no, thank you! I can't wait to go to chili's!

Diane B said...

Happy Birthday Debbie...I know Becky has always thought so much of you. She tells me often of the wonderful things you do for so many. Thanks for Brandon, we couldn't possibly love him more! Our thoughts and prayers are with you this week. Your mother was awesome as well, she will be missed.

Unknown said...

I love Debbie too. She always been super nice to me. Cute picture. Willy looks super cute!

Shaury said...

That wasn't David, it was me. Oops

Tiffany said...

Happy Birthday! She must be amazing. I want my girls to be lucky enough to find a Brandon...
What is her secret?

Becky A said...

ha! Tiff, I want my girls to find a "Brandon" too...you've got a good one, too, though, Chris is an awesome dad/husband!

Jeni said...

What a beautiful family, and beautiful photo! Everyone looks so happy.
Here's a big Happy Birthday to you mother in law.

Ellie McFreaken said...

Happy Birthday to your mother in law. SHe sure raised a great great son!
I love the photo, you guys all look so good!

Tiffany said...

Andrea update can be found here.
carepages.com it's a hospital web page. sign in with your email address and a madeup password. then go to Andrea Gardner.

Joanna said...

what a great family picture. Your kids are just darling. I LOVE you skirt. I would love to have a family picture like this. It has been about 10 years since my WHOLE family has been together.

Jenny Lee said...

Cute Cute Family Picture! Your family is darling! I loved the colors. We just had Nate's whole family picture taken and it was disasterous! You guys look great.