Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Tuesday Tell All--Sight

If that's not a beautiful sight, I don't know what is! this is the coconut shrimp I made for my mom's retirement party on Saturday...Yum!
For the next 5 weeks on the TTA we are doing the 5 senses. First week, sight. As I contemplated this post over the weekend, a song kept playing in my mind. So this is my tuesday tell all. In the words of Amy Ray and Emily Saliers "The saddest sight my eyes can see, is that big ball of orange sinking slyly in the trees." (from Get out the map...check out my playlist)
On another note...in hopes of starting off our summer on the right foot, my fam. has decided (ok, I strongly suggested, they grudgingly went along) to have a screen-free week. Think UNPLUGGED! Harder for me and Brandon than the kids, I'm afraid. So yes, this means no blogging for an entire week! No e-mail, no researching, nothing on the computer, tv, ipod screen, etc. It will all be OFF until next wednesday. When I will, perhaps, do my tuesday tell-all for next week. (Notice I planned it so I could get this week's in)

Soooo...don't have too much fun without me! to my daily contacts: Jeni, Angie b. and Shaur, I will miss that front porch and that oh-so-delicious lemonade! Mandy, Jenny, Diana and Aleesha, I have reading to do, anyways, as do you....Stacy, Carrie and Angie N, you probably will finally post again while I'm gone! Megan, Ginger and Tiffany I'm sure I'll have lots to catch up on from yours, especially Tiff, with 2 blogs now! Amy, I already printed up your list of 101 things to do, so I could refer to it often! And to all of you who don't comment regularly, but visit often, I have now linked you to some other blogs to enjoy while I'm gone. (Just click on their names...)

Adios, Amigos! I'm off to organize my house, bake yummy stuff and spend time OUTSIDE, before that big ball of orange sinks slyly in the trees!

16 comments:

Unknown said...

My dear sister in law that was the best @#$%? shrimp I have ever eaten in my shrimp eating life, and I have had my fair share of shrimp. One thing that I love about Sunday dinners or any party is the fact that I know if your there I will be happy while eating.

Jeni said...

I really need to make those shrimp..I've been craving them since our luau! I'm curious...did you make the dipping sauces? My favorite was the orange marmalade.
Now, on the other matter. I miss you already! I know that I am a slave to the blog, but it's so much fun...I admire your will power.
Don't forget about us!
PS..What a nice bro-in-law you have! What a nice compliment!

meegz said...

I admire your will power -- not willing to do it -- but I admire it!!:) Enjoy the week - unplugged.;)

amy said...

A whole week completely unplugged - Wow! My kids think I'm mean because they have a strict time limit of screen time all summer. Have a fun unlugged week.

Becky A said...

wait, I'm not gone yet! David, thank you, and thank you for not swearing on my blog... :) YOU are always on my mind...when I'm cooking for family functions, that is. I know you'll appreciate it. Jeni, I only made the orange marmalade dip, and it was delightful! Everyone else, this will truly be a test of will power! you should hear me yelling at my kids already "This is my last time blogging for a week! Leave me alone!"

Stacy said...

I am sorry Becky, you will miss the blog seen for a week because you will definately be surprised when you start reading again! Have a great week!

Becky A said...

apparently I'm having a hard time saying goodbye! But...when I went in to work tonight they furloughed me! Which means I'm done working for a few months! Hooray! this only makes my screen free week even harder--yikes...

Ellie McFreaken said...

Becky...Have a great unplugged week! I tried but cheated a few times...too hard. I've been in Park City for the past five days and I have missed the blogging world but luckily my SIL brought her computer up.
Get out the Map was on my playlist before my blog's music got deleted...love that song!
Yeah for being done with work. Just in time for summer fun!
I made the meatloaf the other night with the ground turkey and it was the BEST!!!! I can't wait to have that as a family regular! SUch a great taste and so easy!
Havea fun week!
Abby...Happy Belated Birthday! I wish I was still in Young Women's so I could get to know all you cute young gals!
Diane B....Congratulations on your retirement! You are awesome!

Angela said...

I've limited myself to posting once a week. Then another day I read. That means I don't have much time to look at much but the most recent posts on just a few sights. But people know they don't have to check in on me very often. But this is taking too much time for me when just 2 months ago I was blog free and fine with life. Diana is with me on this. Hope I can stick with it. And I should have done the unplugged while Larry was gone since he can't stay off the comp. that long. But would the drive-in count? Congrats on furlough. I know how that feels when it happens!!

Kim said...

Hey Becky,
While your off you should take your kids to see Prince Caspian. (Narnia) It rocked! Brayden said it was the best movie he's seen in a long time!

Jeni said...

I miss you.

Angie said...

I just went 3 days with no computer but I was in St.George reading the Twilight series so does that count? You're too strong for me Becky.

Ellie McFreaken said...

Becky I think the rest of us are suffering with you...when are you coming back?!!!

Tiffany said...

I hate you being gone.
Come back!!!!! I'm glad I go to talk to you last night, but if your baking I haven't gotten any of the yummy stuff. I will just have to camp out on your front porch and wait......
Missing you tons!!!!!!!!

P.S. Sorry I spilled the beans about Stacy.

Tiffany said...

Hello, It's Tuesday!!!!

GINGER said...

I am with Tiffany. It's Tuesday. Where are you? I have missed you all week.