Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Tuesday Tell All--Sound (I think)

Hello, World...It is SO good to be back! I can't stop smiling! Ahhhhh....and after all that time away, you would think I should have something clever to say. Nope. It was hard, but way harder on me than anyone else, except maybe Brandon, but it was tv for him. I thought he would cheat! I honestly didn't even come close to accomplishing anything more than usual, I didn't bake anything, except for dinner, which I would do with or without time spent on the computer. I did, however, make a wonderful cashew pizza (thanks, Angie b.) with fresh spinach from the garden. Yum. Lucy was my biggest fan that night. And I learned that Ghiradelli Triple Chocolate Brownies are not as good as their Double Chocolate. Thanks again, Angie b...So now for my tta...SOUND.


In the words of Seaweed J. Stubbs "The man can dine me on a diet of detention, but just don't starve me of my tunes, baby!"
I LOVE music. Mostly acoustic guitar, and sweet harmony. There is nothing better! Whether it's the Indigo Girls, The Judds, or even Hymns...I LOVE it! I am actually a pretty mellow music person, the hardest I get into is definitely Jane's Addiction. And that is mostly because it reminds me of the days when Brandon and I first met and were dating. Other than that, as my playlist will attest to, I guess the category I stick to would be "folk music"...I can't call it easy listening, because I don't really like Bryan Adams or anyone like that. I can't think of any other examples right now, because Phoebe is trying to make me play name that tune as she plays High School Musical songs on the piano...if only I could lock myself in a closet and sit in silence for my first blogging time in a week! :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I guess I am the first to catch you back to blogworld. I find myself looking at blogs more often in my new retirment life. Your girls always tell me you have a song for everything...of course you know I love to hear that!
XO MoM

Tiffany said...

Oh I'm so glad your back!!!!!
I can't wait to get a yummy treat! aaahhhh Hey OX MoM you need to start a blog. Now that you have some time on your hands or maybe you could start up a day care. I have a few,You could start right away...... Love ya both

Ellie McFreaken said...

Welcome Back Becky, I missed ya!
I should have done this TTA because sound is probably my favorite sense.
I can remember the times of sitting there and listening to the indigo girls but replaying a song over and over to listen to the harmony one time and then the melody the next time trying for the life of me to try and sound like Emily!
Most importantly the Hymns or church music is another favorite. Music and the Spoken Word is like my testimony meeting to myself every sunday!
Okay one more favorite sound since I am not doing this post. I used to LOVE to sit on a rock on this Lake all by myself at dusk and listen to the sound of water splashing on the rocks or water hit the docks. I loved the sound of the Loons calling in the distance. The sounds of nature are mesmerizing. (sp?)
Okay that sounded pretty cheesy I'll have to post a picture of that place sometime and post about it where it actually makes sense.

Jenny Kapp said...

I am so glad to have you and all of your noises back! I did miss you more than I thought I would for one week! I check you often! I love music too! I think someone is always singing or playing something all the time here. Loving your choice in music also!

meegz said...

BIB!!! Becky Is Back!!!:)
I haven't done my TTA -- these senses are hard for me. I don't pay enough attention to them I don't think. ANYWAY -- Glad you have you back!:)

amy said...

Welcome back Becky! When we go walking the girls get to see who can hear the most sounds and figure out where they are coming from. It keeps them interested in my long night walks better!

Jeni said...

YAY! Becky's back! I loved reading about this post. I love to hear about everyones musical tastes.
I'm so glad you're back.