Friday, January 9, 2009

Happy Birthday, Paige!


Today is my sister-in-law Paige's birthday. Since she has been bugging me about another post, I decided to dedicate this one to her!
I was only 12 or 14 or some jr. high age when I met Paige, so it seems to me like she's been a part of our family forever. She was around for all my jr. high dumb boys I liked, my crazy friends, my high school days and then she was the first one in my family to meet Brandon back in the dread days. Brandon always remembers going to their apartment in Provo before his WSU soccer game at BYU. She and Cory also lived in the house I live in now at the beginning of their marriage. I stayed with Cory and Paige in Provo when Cameron was around 2 years old to help tend him while Paige and Cory worked and went to school. That was in the crazy days of dating Brandon. So pretty much she's been around most of the life that I can remember. She's more like a sister to me than a sister-in-law!
Anyways, about Paige. Paige asks questions. She is very curious about people's lives and is not afraid to ask questions. She is a very open person, and gets to know people easily. She is a great cook. I remember going to her green apartment when she and Cory were just dating and she made us all chicken enchiladas that were amazing. (or was that in your Provo apartment? you made dinner for us at the green apt, too.) Paige likes to laugh. We always have so much fun playing games when they are up here for Christmas, eating dreams and laughing until we cry. Paige is a very clean person. I never dare invite her to my house, because I know it's not clean enough for her standards. :)
Paige, I've always had a special bond with you, and I am so glad you are a part of my family. I hope you have a fabulous birthday...Abby came home from piano at Debra's last night telling me about all of Debra's leftover candy. I wish I knew earlier so I could snag you a few extra dreams! Guess I'll just have to eat a few for you! Happy Birthday!

7 comments:

pcb said...

Aaww! That was so nice of you! I really am feeling my "lucky #44!" now! I have always had special feelings for you too. It started before this, but you had to know how much I trusted you because I had you watch Cam - when I was always so careful with who watched him. I always appreciated you being there because I knew you were doing the same things I would have been doing with him (reading, singing, playing together). In fact, after I wrote on Angie's blog about singing in the car and how I don't usually like other people to sing cause I can't hear the artist. I remembered one time driving on the highway almost to the SW exit and us singing in the car to the Dixie Chicks - and when people are singing parts there is nothing better. I didn't even want to hear the DC we sounded so good together! We have the same priorities and the same loves and those bond us. I will never forget your support this last year. I love you.

Jeni said...

oh becky...what a wonderful post! Happy Birthday Paige! I hope all your birthday wishes come true!

Aleesha said...

I've always liked Paige. It's been years and years since I've seen her, but I remember really liking her when she lived in your house. And while we're talking about Paige I guess I can get this off my chest.....when she was pregnant with Cameron one time she was wearing overalls and I told her that she was really looking big. I have felt bad about that comment ever since I said it. So if you're reading this Paige, I am so sorry. I was a dumb kid that didn't know the rules of what not to say to a woman when she is pregnant. Oh, I feel so much better getting that off my chest.

Cory said...

So does that mean I'm more like a brother-in-law ... ?

Shaury said...

I like Paige too! I remember those yummy enchiladas & the salsa Paige made, & I believe that was at her Ogden apartment. Something I really like about Paige is that she usually has something nice to say to me, & she's so sincere. Happy birthday Paige!

pcb said...

I do like you people talking about me (and I can read it). Aleesha - I bawled my eyes out over that comment, I'm still not over it! No, actually I didn't remember it. I was looking at a photo album the other day and have some pictures of you and Shaury (at 8 yrs) doing the presents at our reception though - cuties that you were! And I do look at your blog sometimes too.

Ellie McFreaken said...

HAppy Birthday Paige! That awas a great post Becky!