Monday, January 19, 2009

Will is 7

Sunday was Will's birthday. Seven, if you can believe it. Of course I get very reflective on my children's birthdays. I miss the toddler Will. That oh-so-sweet little square of a man, with white-blond hair and a John Deere hat. I'm afraid the John Deere days are all but behind us now, pushed aside for Mario Brothers and the Utah Jazz...sniff...

It was a day filled with cuddles and snuggles and hugs. Will is one to express his love to me constantly, and his birthday was definitely no exception. We all wanted to spoil our "golden boy"...he got as many gifts or more as he did on Christmas. A birthday dinner that consisted of crescent dogs, grape jello and cooked carrots, with carrot cake for dessert. And Willie boy makes it worth all the trouble, constantly thanking us and happy as a clam for the entire day. It's hard for a 7-year-old to sit through 3 hours of church on his birthday, but he made it, and in the end we were glad that his birthday was on Sunday. We spent the whole day together, enjoying each other.
So this is for Will. (Seen here with "Roy" the monkey, named after Roy Rogers...)
Thank you, Buddy, for being so loving.
Thank you for wanting to hang on me and lean your head on my arm, instead of just holding my hand while walking.
Thank you for loving my cooking, and for never failing to thank me after EVERY meal.
Thank you for taking things so seriously.
Thank you for being such a loving, helpful and proud big brother to little Odie.
Thank you for being selfless beyond your years.
Thank you for being such a momma's boy.
Thank you for saying "I love you Mommy" 49 times a day.
Thank you for being so "touchy", even when it is driving me crazy and I desperately need my space.
Thank you for having such a unique "Willie" personality...we love it.
and thank you for just being you, and loving every minute of it.
I love all seven years of you.

13 comments:

Beckey said...

Becky, you are so sweet on your kids birthday blogs! You seriously must be such a good mom! I loved reading all of the things you love about Will. Happy Birthday Will, even though you don't know me!

pcb said...

Happy Birthday Will! January people are sweet aren't we? Becky, I know what you mean about the little boy. I miss so many different Cams. You don't realize that when they are young - that when they grow up it's like parts of them are gone (and the mom's really miss those different little people that they used to be). Every once in a while one of the old Cams will make an appearance and I love it but it isn't the same as the mauly kid I used to have 24 hours a day. Enjoy these days when he is all over you - I promise it will end and you will miss it. It sure seems like your kids are growing up fast - maybe because we don't get to see them often enough - but it seems to me he was just 2 last week!

Anonymous said...

There's no way he's already 7! What a sweet boy! And a very cute post!

Shaury said...

sniff - We Rice's sure do love Willie. He sets such a good example for my kids.

Aleesha said...

That was so sweet. I never knew he was such a sweet boy. Becky, you are such a good mom!

Ellie McFreaken said...

Sniff Sniff here too! That was the sweetest post. I will never forget how great Will was carpooling for Preschool. I will also never forget how Molly was hoping she could be a runner up for Ellie Grubb. Describing him it sounds like he takes after his Mom and Dad. Good Job Becky!
P.S. If the Ellie Grubb thing doesn't work out put Molly number on the top of the list PLEASE????!!!

Becky A said...

you better believe it, ang.

Joanna said...

Becky- You are such a good mom! I love reading about your kids. He seems like such a sweet boy!!

Debbie said...

Love Will! Love this post! Love the picture of Will blowing out the candles with such focus & determination. It seems that is how he does everything. And every mom needs a momma's boy. :)

Jodi said...

Happy Birthday Will, hope all your wishes came true!! I love the picture of him blowing out his candles!!! Will is so adorable, I am so glad he is in our primary class!!

Jeni said...

oh becky...I can't stop the tears. This post is beautiful on so many levels,and for so many different reasons.
Happy Birthday Will!

six little monkeys! said...

You are such a cute mom! I can't believe he is seven, I remember when you were prego with him. . . crazy! It's been way too long!

GINGER said...

Happy Birthday Will!!!

He is such a cute boy. I can't believe he is 7. It is so fun to see kids grow, yet a little depressing. Wouldn't it be fun to go back and relive a few of the fun moments (notice I said 'a few of the fun moments). I am not sure I want to relive all.