Tuesday, December 30, 2008

a little Christmas wrap-up...

a million pictures...
some highlights of the season, and a quick run-down of events enjoyed by our fam.

number one memory of this year...Odie LOVES Santa. Every time we saw him, (3 times, total) he would climb onto his lap as soon as possible and go into some kind of trance. He was never overly excited, just so content to sit there on his lap, almost like he was going to go to sleep. It was absolutely adorable. (if you ask me, his adoring mother)

Lucy's bike will be another fun memory of this year. Every time she sat on Santa's lap she would lean up to whisper into his ear that she wanted a pink training wheel bike for Christmas. Santa brought her the pinkest bike you have ever seen, and it's Hello Kitty to boot. She rides it back and forth through the kitchen and family room all day every day. We can't wait until the snow melts so she will have somewhere to ride outside!

Will asked for, and received, a NintendoDS. He is addicted. NOT something I'm proud of. BUT he played the part of a wiseman in our ward nativity with his friends Ryker and Elle, and he was perfect. Just like Will, he took his part very seriously, and all month has been very attentive whenever a "wiseman" song came on the radio. Especially "Do you hear what I hear"...He sings "LET US BRING HIM SILVER AND GOLD" with all his heart and voice! He also tried to sing "all I want for Christmas is my 2 front teeth" with his cousin Nikki at the Arnell party. She definitely out-sang him, but they looked cute...
Phoebe sang with the ward choir with me as part of the children's choir this year. They all sounded like little angels, and it was fun for her to join me and Gram at choir practice all month. Ward choir is something I have always enjoyed (some years more than others) as a way to celebrate the season. (This is obviously not a photo of said event, but the only one I have of Phoebe in my entire collection of Christmas photos. Wow, my heart is breaking!!)My highlight about Abby was when she and her cousin Gavin played their violins at the Christmas Eve party. I was NOT an advocate of the performance, because Abby is not exactly a pro on the instrument, but it actually went pretty well. And they had a blast together doing it!

And did any of you catch THIS snow-made wonder at a home near Layton park? definitely another highlight of our Christmas...we drove out to the lights on Christmas Eve and happened to drive past this home...WOW! That is some snow molding talent, there!


So all-in-all it was a great Christmas season. Less than a week until kids are back in school, I am back to work, and we are all back to the real world...I don't think I'm ready!!!!

11 comments:

Angie said...

Too cute about Santa mesmerizing Odie. Loved each child highlight. I didn't remember that Abby played violin. You are a patient mother to listen to her practice :) We didn't make it out to Layton lights this year so that pic of the snow sculpts was cool.

Ellie McFreaken said...

Becky..I thought I left a comment for your last post yesterday but I swear I am loosing it!

Can't believe that It is over! I am not ready for reality again... I didn't know Abby played the violin either. I started when I was about Pheobe's age and I got so much crap from my brothers at how awful it sounded (I stunk!) that I ended up quiting!

Have a gret new years tonight talk to you later!

Jeni said...

Loved the wrap-up...
How fun that Odie loved Santa! It always makes me sad when I see a little kid crying on Santa's lap...don't they know who that is?!?!?! :)

You're kids are so talented and cute, becky. I enjoyed watching all the kids in the ward choir this year, too.

Beckey said...

I am not ready for everyone to go back to school either Becky! It looks like you had a great Christmas! Have a great New Year too!

Becky A said...

oh, angie(s), abby doesn't practice. she IS awful...

Shaury said...

I know you're sitting in the next room Beck, but I'll leave a comment anyways. You're family rocks! Will laughed when I asked if you'd adopt me, but I'm serious. Oh well at least I can come bug you guys more often & more easily (as I have demonstrated in the last week or so).

Debbie said...

I concur that Odie was absolutely adorable with Jolly Ole Saint Nick. I have never seen a child so smitten with Santa. I love Will's toothless grin. Lucy is so cute on her bike! Thank you for sharing some of your fun Christmas memories.

Joanna said...

what a darling family you have. I love getting to know your kids. Maybe one day I will get to meet them and catch up with you! It looks like you had a great Christmas.

Jodi said...

Becky!! Loved your Christmas wrap up!! I love Lucy's pink bike, I want to buy an all pink bike for someone! Cute that Odie loved Santa, my kids didn't even get to see Santa this year!!(sad!!) Will is soooo cute! I can't believe what an impression playing the part of the wiseman had on Ryker! It meant so much to him and talked about it all season!! Glad you all had a wonderful Holiday!! Love ya!!

pcb said...

An update would be nice - where are you?

Becky A said...

work, paige. I've been working too much this week.