Friday, October 3, 2008

Ode to Odie...

Today is my baby boy's birthday. He is really taking it to heart, and has become the most terrible of terrible twos the past month.
Did someone once say that the better the baby, the worse he will be as a toddler? Because Owen is proving that statement. He was the BEST baby, in every way. Great sleeper, eater, pleasant disposition, etc. He is making up for that now. He throws at least 3 temper tantrums a day. The kid is wearing me out!
He wakes up many a morning screaming, and yelling contrary things to whatever I say, "No. Willie not seepin. anymore!"
Breakfast can easily bring on another yelling fit. "No! Not! Mine! Seat! Odie want sconey waffle! No. Not. cereal! anymore!"
If we have anywhere to go, he is screaming as I hold him down to buckle his seat. "Not buckle Odie! Not! Mine! Seat! Ucy seat!"
In the store, he screams more. "Put me down! Not! Ride! In! Seat!"
Lots of times during the day I hear "Want! Mine! Daddy!"
If he is crying about something, and after 20 questions I still can't help him solve his problem, I tell him to use his words. "Not! use! mine! words!" Which is actually a good use of his words, but doesn't help me stop the crying.
He's cute. He's really, really, cute. His smile is to die for. His eyes are the deepest blue. His hair is thick and coarse and blond. He loves elephants, he calls them "elements" ...He can say the L sound, but not the ph. He knows all his colors, his favorite is green. He loves to play with his older siblings and Thomas guys. ("Nomas") He loves to sing songs and dance. He loves to eat beans. He gets extremely excited when we mention beans, or walk in to bajio's. Did I mention he's cute? But he is definitely 2, and is wearing me out!
Hopefully in a few months I can re-read this and see that it was only a phase. He asked me earlier "where mine birday cake?" Right now he is telling Lucy "Odie hab nap day! Pun!" so I guess he's excited for his nap today. I am too!
Love you, Odie. Happy birthday!

11 comments:

Jeni said...

So Cute! I'm glad you quoted him...this will be priceless in a few years...
Happy Birthday Odie! I hope all your birthday wishes come true!

Diane B said...

Happy birthday cute boy. I love it every time he comes to our house he runs right to me with open arms, huge smile, sparkly eyes & a "hi Gram", jumps into my arms with a huge hug & "wuv Gram". Gram loves Odie!

Beckey said...

Happy birthday Odie! All of your kids birthdays are really close aren't they? Becky- I totally know exactly what you are going through. I laughed at all of the things he is doing as a two year old now. Halle is little miss independent now and has to do EVERYTHING by herself. She is learning to push buttons and has even figured out the game if I say no to go ask her dad. Those crazy two year olds!!! But, they are very cute and do the cutest things too when they are not throwing tantrums. Hope he has a good birthday! See ya!

Kim said...

Becky,
What a doll! I know he's hard right now, but some day you'll forget! :(
I'm glad you wrote down the things he says! Too cute! :)

Jenny Kapp said...

Such a cutie!!

Stacy said...

HAppy Birthday you cute little guy. He will get through this stage. Bracken used to scream half way to Malad before he would calm down. He grew out of it by two and a half. It is a good thing he is soooooo darn cute.lol

amy said...

Happy Birthday Odie! You will be a great 2 year old

Angie said...

All of those quotes sounded way too familiar, but somehow reading it as someone else's child made it seem so adorable...not so cute when it's mine. :)

Debbie said...

I can't believe that it has already been two years since my three autumn grand babies were born. I hope you had a very Happy Birthday Odie! Love, Gramnell

Joanna said...

He sounds SO cute. My little Abby's favorite color is green too. Thank goodness my baby is out of that two age, but I do miss it. (sometimes)

GINGER said...

Happy Birthday to an adorable little guy.