Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Mothers Without Borders


(click to enlarge)
I cut and pasted this from an e-mail from my sister-in-law
Jenny. (Hope she doesn't mind) Her mother is highly involved in this organization...I thought I would help her get the word out.

"I wanted to pass on information for an upcoming boutique to profit a community if Lusaka Zambia. Mothers Without Borders is a non-profit organization whose purpose is to address the needs of orphaned and abandoned children in a holistic manner. They support efforts to provide safe shelter, food and clean water, education and access to caring adults. They want to assure that each child has someone who cares about them to teach them of their value. (can you tell that was straight from their website?) My life has been touched from stories of these incredible people on the other side of the world whose light and love continue to radiate amidst their circumstances. As a woman and mother, one of the most heart breaking thoughts is to think of a child without anybody here on earth to love them. As you know, the AIDS pandemic in Africa is ENORMOUS. It is estimated that a child is orphaned every 14 seconds as result of AIDS. The money raised from this boutique goes directly to a project already underway in Lusaka Zambia. It will be a family resource center that will house 250 children in a family-like environment. It will also have a medical facility, AIDS counseling clinic, primary and secondary school and grinding mill all for the use of the surrounding villages."

Much more information is available on their website www.motherswithoutborders.org.



2 comments:

Joanna said...

my sister does crafts for this. There was also a girl in the ward who went over with this group and we sent a bunch of stuff with her. I loved listening to the stories when she got home. I would LOVE to go over there when my kids are older. Do you want to come with me?? :)

Jenny Kapp said...

Great info! Now will you please remind me in November so I can actually remember to go to the boutique. I bet it will be really neat!