Saturday, March 29, 2008

sibling rivalry


So this is the sign that was posted on Will's bedroom door all week. I think it's hilarious, poor Lucy! (the word you probably can't read after "sometimes the" is "girls" meaning Abby and Phoebe, at our house) But do you know what the little sassafrass said when Will read the sign to her? "we have a open door policy." No sign is keeping her out of anywhere! Although she did stay out, probably just to show Will that she didn't want to go into his boring old room, anyways! Then yesterday when it was the small portion of the day that they get along, when Will was away at kindergarten, Lucy said, "Bud can take his sign down now, cuz i'm being nice to him today!" and she repeated the message to him as soon as she saw him. The sign is now lying on the table. I guess she WAS nice enough. ( Luckily, it doesn't take much to win Willie over. )

5 comments:

Jenny Kapp said...

That seriously makes me laugh - a lot! Kids are so funny. I love that Lucy is so strong willed and doesn't put up with anything she doesn't agree with. That was great!!

Diana said...

Too funny! I love the open door policy :)

Ellie McFreaken said...

How cute! I would have had such a hard time keeping a straight face with Lucy's response. That note is definately a keeper.

Angie said...

Had I known you had a blog sooner, I would've been on girl (thanks Diana.) This is the cutest note and what I love about blogs. I also read your 100 list and didn't know that we have some things in common...I too, love Apolo and hate reading church books. I still haven't read Twilight so I'll let you know on that one. Also, I didn't realize you disliked the dentist so much. I will try not to talk your ear off next appointment then. Sorry cuz I'm probably more that guilty of that. Why can't I just shut up?
Angie Poll

Becky A said...

Oh my word, Angie Poll! It is so not your fault that I don't like the dentist! It's just hard for me to be one on one with anyone for an extended amount of time! Don't change a thing! :)