Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Arnell's Easter





this is hard! Next time I'll stick to a slide show! Anyways, we need a Do-over for Easter at our house! Friday I was able to take the kids out to get their shoes and accessories still needed for Sunday, but by Friday night I was sick, and actually only worked for 2 hours. I came home at 8 and we were all in bed by 9:30, hoping rest would help me so I could be ready for the weekend. Saturday we had planned egg dying at my moms at 11, a weenie roast at noon and a Jazz game at 5. Brandon was sick saturday morning also, so we ended up sending our big girls over to gram's but the little ones stayed home with us, i didn't want to overwhelm Gram by sending all 5 of my little hooligans over without a parent! we got up the energy to go over at noon for the fire, but I sat in the house and my kids ran around outside all day with brandons meager attempts at discipline. The Jazz game was great, but neither Brandon nor I could get too overly excited about it. Thank goodness for Pop and Gram! I think all 5 our kids were sitting on them and Shaury and David while Brandon and I sat staring into space on a row by ourselves. ugh. (Oh, I guess I wasn't too sick to ask the scary lady next to me to watch her language around my daughter, or maybe I should say I was sick enough to ask her...she was way nice about it, luckily.) So home to bed and hoping for a better day on sunday. I did manage the Easter Brunch, with lots of help from my girls. It was so very lovely. i totally copied the entire Family Fun Magazine idea, and it turned out wonderful. We even got out the china! The problem was we were too sick saturday to go buy a beautiful tablecloth, so we borrowed my moms, but it worked. (Owen was asleep and Brandon was too sick to pose for pictures.) All but Brandon made it to church, and then we drug ourselves over to moms again for dinner with the cousins, and a quick egg hunt at Tiff's across the street. Monday morning I felt better, but was stuck cleaning up the aftermath of an entire weekend of the house being run by children. What a Mess!!!!! I think my kids had a great weekend, but I still have plain boiled eggs in my fridge and a box of dye on my counter...my little ones didn't even get to dye eggs! and yesterday lucy was eating a peep at grams and told me "I didn't even get a Peep on Easter!" She was sad. It only made it half way better that she was eating one then, and that she had plenty of other candy at home...I guess it's a good thing easter won't be this early again for 224 years. I wasn't ready! I didn't even get many pictures, because I gave that job to brandon, and after looking at the ones he took today, these 2 of Odie were the only ones that weren't blurry or of the back of heads. Good try, B. :)

5 comments:

Jenny Kapp said...

If it makes you feel better, we weren't even sick and we have hard boiled eggs and dye but no dyed eggs! Oh well! maybe for FHE next week???

Ellie McFreaken said...

I left a comment but then it never posted! I think I forgot the word verification junk!
Anyway....your Easter sounded a bit like ours...too early, sickies, easter eggs not to the full potential and so forth. All in all it was relaxing for me. (maybe I should get sick on more holidays)
P.S. I am with Jeni, I am glad I read your post before you deleted it. I too adore your Mom I've always loved her cute, funktified hair!

Anonymous said...

Aren't those the cutest kids! Beck, you are the best mom ever. I've read every word, comment, etc. on you blog & love it & the music too. It's all good!
XO MoM

Anonymous said...

Hey Becky!
Cute family, cute blog! Eli found it for me. I'll probably never be able to find it again. You should all be on a magazine. I'm sorry you were so sick on Easter - and I gave you a hard time for not singing with the 4 of us in the choir. I'm impressed that you came to church! Anywho, fun blog!
Mrs. Mean . . . aka Scary Carrie

Diana said...

Wow, where have I been?? I'm not the best at keeping updated on everyone's blogs, but I was thrilled to pull up yours and read all your fun post. You make me laugh and I LOVE your anology of whats on your STAGE of life. Becky you are amazing. And if I remember right your best trait had to do with being a very dedicated mom and I'm always in awe of you. Thanks for the entertaining read. BTW I loved your comments at Book Club.