Thursday, March 20, 2008


It's All Good
I love this picture of my Lucy. She was, as you can plainly see, raggedy ann for halloween last year. brandon's mom made the cute costume for phoebe when she was 3. I love it. I wanted to blog today, because i've been on my computer all day, but I have a lot swirling around in my head and can't come up with a subject to focus on. when I was rocking lucy for her nap, (yes, I still rock my 3 year old, don't ask) the phrase "it's all good" came to mind. years ago, a little hippie girl called Summer Day worked with my dad and Brandon. She used this phrase frequently, and i think it drove my dad and brandon crazy, but i still like to use it occasionally, to remind myself not to get so "worked up" over things. I have a friend whose husband likes to use the following analogy. Your mind is like a stage, and you cast the players on that stage. Do not let hurtful people on your stage! so that's what i'm trying to do. clear the stage, and make room for the main act, which, i am learning in my loverly book club book this month, should be Christ. I don't want to make religious postings really, but it's a thought provoking book. which brings me to another point, last month in book club we were supposed to say a trait about ourselves that we liked. I went second. I said a dumb one, especially now that i've been reading this book. I want a do-over. and plus...i think mine would have been different that very night if i had been a little later in the line up. I know this is random ramblings to most of you, but if i happen to have a few of the "ladies..." reading, just know this, i realize that was a dumb thing to say. (and don't hold me to the do over unless you all want to go again, too.) most likely i have no one that understands a word i'm saying reading this, sorry. my point is, when i'm with my sweet lucy, reading to, singing to and rocking her, i am reminded that it is indeed, "all good." I am truly blessed. I don't at all mean to offend by doing my own little blogging thing. it's just a way for me to journal my life, ramble occasionally, and connect with friends who are interested in said ramblings. I'm not out to impress anyone or change the world one blog at a time, so to speak, I'm just doing my best with my little family, and that, dear reader, is what is on my stage.

5 comments:

Jenny Kapp said...

Ok, so I just read through your entire blog. It made me smile, laugh out loud, tear up in the eyes and admire you even more. I have of lately felt some of the same feelings that you did of late. I like what is on your stage. Also, I have no idea what you said was your trait last month. At least it has gotten you thinking of the good in you! Your 100 was amazing, amazing! Very insightful! Funny, you don't seem that shy to me!

Aleesha said...

Your blog was so much fun to read. I loved your latest post. Mostly because it was all over the place, and that's how my brain works. And truth be known, I went home thinking my good trait was a bad one to say also. Your 100 list was good too. My favorite was that you secretly think Snoop Dogg is sexy. For some reason, every time I see him something about him reminds me of your family. I haven't quite figured it out yet. When I do I'll let you know. Oh, and I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to add you to my favorite blogs list. So shy or not, this will probably invite a few more people to your blog. :)

Becky A said...

aleesha, as long as all your "people" don't get offended by what I blog, past and future, they are welcome! I don't want to make enemies. ;)

Amy Spalding said...

It's Amy Spalding...it was so fun to get your comment on my blog page!! Although it makes me wonder just who is getting on and reading about my life...scary, you're not scary...you know what I mean. Anyway, I have always thought you and Brandon have the cutest family! I remember when Dev was on Gavin and Pheobe's baseball team. You have THE cutest kids! By the way, I am still intimidated by Brandon's family, and I grew up with them....weird. Oh, I too love Elf...I laugh out loud every time I see it, and I've seen it a lot!! Take Care!

Anonymous said...

I thought your "good thing" was a great thing, and I've thought about it a lot since Book Club. I love your ramblings, too. And I remember Summer Day!