Monday, February 2, 2009

poor little lucy...


I've heard it said that children are never satisfied with their ages. They either want to still be babies, or they want to be adults. Funny, I have two little boys that I think want to still be babies, and 2 girls that already think they are older than they are. My Abby, however, must be an exception to the rule. I think she is perfectly happy right where she is.
We have a rule in our family that when we eat out the kids can't bring their sodas in the van. It's always been that way, and all of my kids know that, and we don't have a very hard time enforcing it. I'm sure you can guess which of my 5 little darlings has a problem with the rule. Lucy. She rarely argues or tries to bring her drink, but she is not happy with leaving it. Twice last week I happened to bring a drink with me in the van, and both times she asked, "Why do YOU get to bring YOUR drink?" and both times the answer was "Because I'm a grown-up." Which makes her mad, but what can she say? Well, the second time this occurred last week, she had had enough. "Because it's just a grown-up-grown-up-grown-up land!" she huffed, arms folded and eyes rolling.
Funny, I feel like I spend a whole lot of time in kidsville...

14 comments:

Ellie McFreaken said...

OH BEcky..that is too funny! Can't help but adore Lucy's cute "poor little Lucy" face!

Diana said...

Kidville... I like that word and spend lots of time there as well. Let's combined our worlds and get Lucy and Maggie together. They can enjoy kidville while we visit in grownup land:)

Jenny Kapp said...

Gotta love the spunk! It will take her far in life! That picture is priceless!

pcb said...

She will be mad at you one day for showing her in this unflattering light. But, she does have somewhat of a "tude" - might be exaggerated because she is right in between two easy-goers. Some people were just meant to be adults - not children.

Becky A said...

she posed for the picture just this morning. She was perfectly happy before and after, I asked her to look mad, like she didn't get to bring her drink, and she struck the pose, no questions asked. I just needed a picture to accompany the post...

Jeni said...

That girl is out for "liberty and justice for all." I love it.

Angie said...

What a crack up. I think Faith might be following right in Lucy's footsteps. So, any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated. :)

pcb said...

WOW! she pulled that face at will? That is truly impressive - you may have another little actress on your hands.

Aleesha said...

I love little kids with such strong personalities.

Jeni's comment is cracking me up!

amy said...

That sounds like my kids and chores - they have to do them all and mom doesn't do anything! Gotta love their perspective

Shaury said...

This is one of my favorite posts you've done. The picture is priceless & the kidville vs. grownup land is so true.

Angie said...

LOL at the picture. I love your reasoning even more!

Jodi said...

Oh my goodness!! That little Lucy is so adorable!!! I'm with whoever said you have another little actress on your hands!! Gotta love the dramatics!!! Too funny!!

GINGER said...

I just love hearing stories about that little Lucy. What an actress. Her and Belle have so much in common. Every time we drive by your house Belle says, "That's my fun friends Lucy's house." Belle must sense what a fun girl she is.