Thursday, August 28, 2008

Happy Birthday, Mom!!!!



Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday dear momma,
Happy birthday to you!

Just needed to give a shout out...today is my mom's birthday. My mom is such a good example to me. She has always been a great friend to me, especially when I've needed it the most throughout my life. She is one of my favorite people! I'm sure those of you that know her well agree with me that she is a lot of fun to be around. I think she is a great mom because she kind of just let us kids (teenagers) figure things out instead of over-reacting to our little rebellious moments. She did a good job "picking her battles" so to speak. My mom has a calm, steady way about her. She's done a great job raising us, I actually feel like she still helps me along most of the time! I'm very dependent on her, and always want to make her proud. I can talk to her about just about everything, and she always makes me feel good about myself. This sounds a little fragmented, I know. I'm not very good at expressing emotions! Plus I'm doing it in shifts between running my kids here and there...

My kids all LOVE "Gram" a lot!
Lucy says: "I love Gram for reading me stories and taking me on the 4 wheeler."
Lucy also says that Odie says "just 4 wheeler, I guess..." but I know Odie loves Gram by the way he runs to her when he sees her with a grin on his face and a light in his eyes. "Hi Gram!" and he wraps his little arms so tightly around her neck.
Will says: "I love that Gram makes cookies...if you didn't already say that about Odie..."
Phoebe loves that Gram taught her to sew, and
Abby also loves to sew with Gram, and says "I LOVE the Quilt Hop!!!"

So anyways, Happy Birthday, Mom. I won't tell y'all how old she is. When I saw her at the temple today someone told her we looked more like sisters than mother/daughter. I won't ruin her "youngster" image...

11 comments:

Shaury said...

Just for the record, I posted about mom's birthday first. It's funny how similar our comments are.

Diane B said...

What can I say...thanks. You have & continue to bring so much joy into my life. We have shared great times together through the years...lets continue that! I'm so blessed to have you as my daughter. Thanks for not telling the world how old I am!
XOXO MoM

Diana said...

All I can say is "Mother Like Daughter". You both are amazing ladies. I love hanging out with the two of you! Thanks for the reminder, now I need to go wish your amazing mom a belated b-day!

Jeni said...

Happy Birthday Diane! I hope all your birthday wishes come true!

amy said...

Happy Birthday Diane! You are an amazing woman.

Jenny Kapp said...

I love your mom too!

Stacy said...

Tell your mom happy belated from me and give her a big hug!
I think she did a super job with you kids too! All of you are pretty terrific!

Ellie McFreaken said...

Happy Birthday Diane!
Like Diana H. said "like Mother like Daughter. Thanks for raising an awesome daughter...You both are great examples of motherhood!!

Diane B said...

Thanks for all the birthday wishes...what unexpected fun!

Tiffany said...

Happy Birthday! Sorry i'm late blogging hasn't been my thing these days. I'm so behind.
love ya Diane I hope you had a good one.

Kim said...

Diane,

Happy Birthday! You don't look a day over 20!! I hope you had a great day!

(I'll always remember your birthday because you share it with Landen!)