Tuesday, June 23, 2009

ragnar

My running obsessed husband did a crazy run last weekend.  The Wasatch Back Ragnar is a relay that runs from Logan to Park City.  There are 12 members to a team, someone is running at all times.  Brandon's van of  6 team members started at 11 a.m. Friday morning, then rested for a couple of hours, and his next run was at about 3 a.m. then again at about 1 on saturday afternoon. Needless to say, he had a blast.  The only pictures I got were a couple from the "team party" the night before.  Cody and Josh had this amazing spray paint stencil tattoo thing all worked up, and before the night was over they had made very good use of it.  We felt a little white-trashy spray painting fake tattoos on our sons, but it was all in good fun. 
 Luckily I was able to get some other pictures from one of Brandon's team mates.  See him way up there running along?
 Brandon loved it and can't wait to do it again, but he said it was harder than the marathon he did last month.  I think he's crazy!

13 comments:

Joanna said...

Go Brandon! my sister did this and had a blast. She also said is was hard! My brother-in-law who is also a marathon runner said it was harder running this. I think they are all crazy. I will stick to my 5K's :)

Beckey said...

Wow! I wish I was a runner. I always think that would be awesome to do a marathon or something...sigh... maybe someday. I just don't like to run! Good job though Brandon!

Shaury said...

I sure have an inspiring running mentor. Run Brandon run!

pcb said...

That sounds like so much fun! Shaury said we Birt's should do it, cause why should we be loaning Brandon out? We have enough runners to do it ourselves.

Jenny Kapp said...

Everyone I hear who does it, loves it! I'll put it on the super huge ever mounting "someday" list. I put a lot on that list, not planning to accomplish it all though!

Unknown said...

I loved it too and it is crazy fun! It's more like a party on wheels for 30+ hours with some running breaks. That's how I'd describe it anyway. Everyone I know who has done it is hooked for life! What leg did Brandon run?

Ellie McFreaken said...

I've been inspired by all the SW folks that ran the race. I wish I would have gone to cheer people on....maybe it would inspire ME to get my BUTT out of bed and exercise each morning!!!!

Great Job Brandon......being on Cody's team I can only imagine how fun that would have been!!!!! Seriously is Colton Superman???? I saw them all out running about 15 minutes ago.

Becky A said...

Joanna, I saw pictures of your sister's team on facebook, small world, she ran with Brandon's cousin and his wife (Argyle's) and family friends Chad and Angie Poll.
Beckey, I know, I wish I loved running, too.
Judith, I'll have to get back to you on which legs he did. Which did you do?
Angie, Colton is amazing. And the Stanger's are a blast.

Debbie said...

Great job - Brandon - you should be proud of a job well done!

Regi said...

Brandon you are amazing!

Jeni said...

Where is my comment?!?!?! It's been so long, I don't even remember what I said.
It was so inspiring to watch their team cross the finish line. I love the fetched runners.
Brandon rocks.

Becky...I need a new post, please. :)

Angie said...

Brandon is crazy but the tattoo were hilarious! See you tonite Beck.
(Gotta love Jeni telling everybody its time for new posts :) She's the only reason I still blog)

GINGER said...

You have the cutest family Becky. I would ask where you have been in blogworld, but I have been MIA too. I sure loved all the camping pics, and Brandon's dutch oven cooking truly looks amazing.