Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Happy 13th birthday, Abby girl!

If I don't post now about Ab's birthday, I may never get to it.  I cannot believe she is a teenager! (neither can she...)  and her 7th grade year is practically over, on to eighth.  Wow.  This time of year is so busy that we didn't really do anything extremely exciting, she had school and dance that day, but we managed to squeeze in dinner at Noodles & Co.  and had a birthday cake around bedtime.  
With help from my mom, I made her a t-shirt quilt this year with all of the shirts from her "childhood"...she was surprised, and loved it.  

   I'm so thankful for Abby, and the joy that she is. 
 She is a fun girl, and I love that she is so comfortable to just be herself.  I had big plans for a birthday post for her, but this will have to do for now...

12 comments:

Shaury said...

Happy birthday to my super awesome niece. I remember very clearly the day you were born, & watching you come flying out to greet the world. I loved you at first site, & still do.

pcb said...

Happy Birthday Abby - I remember that day too. One of the biggest honors of my life to be in the room with Becky (and then Abby). It was a beautiful thing! Abby has been a sunny face to our family for 13 years now!

Jenny Lee said...

Wow there's a teenager in your home!?!@#! They grow up way to fast. She's a great girl. Cute idea to make a t-shirt quilt. Happy Birthday Abby!

Diana said...

I love the t-shirt quilt. How long have you had the idea, in order to start saving all the t-shirts? It was fun seeing you on the field trip. Perhaps next year Will and McKay will be in the same class - I keep hoping:)

Ellie McFreaken said...

Happy Birthday Abby!!! I hope you had a GREAT birthday....

All I can say is Teenager???? Brandon better get ready to start chasing the boys off the property if he hasn't had to yet!

P.S. Becky I love your blog :)

Aleesha said...

I love that quilt! Good job. Abby is such a beautiful girl. Happy Birthday!

Jenny Kapp said...

Happy Birthday! So cute! Becky you are way, way too young to have a teenager! I guess I missed a few blogs in a row...so...Love the ballet bun. Great training. The funny conversations kids have are great! You are great!

Diane B said...

Happy Birthday Ab...keep that beautiful smile & happy disposition forever! We love you.
Pop & Gram

Jeni said...

Happy Birthday Abby! You are such a delight to be around!

Becky--I'm kicking myself for DI-ing old t-shirts. That is the cutest idea ever.

Joanna said...

your Abby is your oldest and mine is my youngest! Turning 5 this year. Glad the day was nice.

Happy Birthday Abby!

Netty said...

Oh ! The quilt is so sweet ! Happy birthday Abby.

Debbie said...

Your birthday month is almost over. I hope it has been spectacular!
You will soon be 13 1/12 years old or as Marci used to count almost 14.