Wednesday, April 29, 2009

queenie!!!

I don't have anything warm and fuzzy to blog about lately.  My kids are naughty, I'm a slave to my calendar, my bangs are driving me crazy, and I'm tired of eating at least 5 servings of fruits and veggies a day.  Why can't it be at least five of chocolate...or I'd even be ok with 5 of white flour...
SO--where do I turn when I've nothing to post? Why youtube, of course!  I know this is a really low quality clip, the girl just aimed her video camera at the tv set, but it's the best I could find of this particular part of the movie Crooklyn.  One of my FAVES!  This is mostly for my mom and shaury. We have been quoting this part for 15 years, now...

p.s. does anyone remember the name of the 1980's aerobics show that had 3 ladies that demonstrated high, low and medium impact, and then rotated every 10 minutes or so? One of the ladies had really long hair? I set out looking for that on youtube, but wound up with Crooklyn instead...

9 comments:

Becky A said...

ok, I just watched it again, and I guess it maybe isn't so hilarious taken out of context. oh well, if you've seen the movie you are probably laughing...

Ellie McFreaken said...

Becky, I just watched it two times I thought it was halarious! Ellie is asking to see it again.

As for your first sentence it made me laugh because I wrote the nice post about Ellie being nice to Molly and then it's been H*&$ ever since! One child...no names mentioned ran away from home (three doors down) the other day because they hate our home....but I conveniently haven't blogged about that. I'm trying to forget about that whole day!
As for the calendar I am read to throw it our the window...I am ready for school to be over so we can hang out and do nothing on a schedule....oh yeah, summer means fighting 24/7!!!!!!
I guess I could have just posted this on MY blog :)

Diane B said...

QUEENIEEEEEEE! That is hilarious every time I think about it. Thanks for the laugh. Watched the aeorbics show many times, but can't recall title. It was on PBS if that helps.
XO MoM

Diana said...

You're right - that definitely wasn't a warm and fuzzy post. The three of you have a twisted and sick sense of humor:) perhaps I need to watch the show. For the record I did laugh when the dog came flying out of the couch - even though that is sick and wrong.

Shaury said...

Hehehe! Poor Queenie, thanks for the laugh. Can't wait for the aerobics post. And, whatever, your kids are always angels.

Jeni said...

oh so funny! I have never seen this...ever...poor poor queenie. I'm curious to know the back story. :)

I was laughing so hard about the aerobic question. It was called "Hooked on Aerobics". Having grown up in the 80's, I was quite the aerobic connoisseur... I even recorded that lovely lady with the long hair on PBS so I could do the aerobics at my leisure...and some other show with a lady from canada but I cannot for the life of me remember the name of that program.

Jason mostly did Gil's Janklowitz (or something like that) aerobics-set on the beautiful hawaiian coast line. I'm not quite sure if he would want me to mention that...but hey...everyone did aerobics in the 80's.
Thanks for the laugh today Becky!

Becky A said...

totally watched Gil, too. loved him...

pcb said...

Becky - I feel for you schedule wise. So much of your schedule is not your own - it won't be for many years. Then when it is - you won't know what to do with it.

It seems funny that aerobics were once so "everyday" and are now so out of date that we laugh about it!

Joanna said...

OK so I have never seen that movie or even heard of it.

I do remember that show on PBS! When I would stay home sick form school I would have to wait until it was over so I could watch Sesame Street!