Tuesday, May 11, 2010

ok, ok, another one...


so here is my masterpiece from monday morning. It took me about 30 minutes to make 3 of these, so I definitely won't go this elaborate every day. AND I copied it 100% from my fave blog. Every single detail. It's not that great of a picture, because I took it with my phone, not for my blog, just for my own personal enjoyment. Then last night I decided to go ahead and post it on my bloggy. It's a pb&j cut in a butterfly shape and decorated with fruit leather, jack cheese cut in butterfly shapes, butterfly crackers (had to search for those little buggers) cucumbers and carrots cut into flower shapes, and raspberries. Phoebe came home yesterday saying that was the best home lunch EVER. It was a little too much food for my little ones, but Phoebe ate every bite. And yes, Netty, the boxes have lids. In my last ones, the peas hopped around a little, but everything else stayed intact. Bento makes me happy. :)

9 comments:

Becky A said...

OH, and those are yogurt covered raisins in the yellow cup...

GINGER said...

I love it!!! I am going to go get boxes. Maybe this will make fixing lunches more fun. My kids don't like the new lunch menu either.

P.S. What is your favorite blog that you copied this from?

Becky A said...

anotherlunch.blogspot.com she does really creative ones, and takes great pictures of them. Plus she has links at the bottom of each post that take you to Amazon for each item she used. There are really quite a few out there, though, once you get looking. Have fun!

pcb said...

If I come to your house will you fix me one of these? Actually, it is way healthier than I normally eat and pretty as well.

Ellie McFreaken said...

OH boy Bec....you've just opened up a whole new world to many of us....I am definately going to be trying this!!!! Butterfly sandwiches....Brilliant!!!!
Thinking that maybe these could be made for adults for cute a breakfast get together or something...just sayin' :)

Do you havea cutter for these shapes??? Or are you free handing it?

Care said...

How cute and fun! You make being a mom look like a dream! That's why you love it so much. I'm wondering if our dinner this evening is going to be as cute - HA!

Care said...

btw - what's your favorite blog that you found the bento box idea on?

Jeni said...

You are the best mom ever! I wish you were mine. :) This looks delicious AND fun!

Elder and Sister Birt said...

Fun lunches. Judy Webber has made dad 2 Bentos!